Please help with my dream build... Propel Advanced sl

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

peted76

by peted76

That is a stealth WMD :)

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

xntrickly

by xntrickly

peted76 wrote:That is a stealth WMD :)

Thanks very much, it is very VERY nice and I am really enjoying it !!

xntrickly

by xntrickly

xntrickly wrote:2014 XS Propel Advanced SL in the nearly all black edition.

Presently ride a 50 cm Super Six and I have some "unique" requirements such as a 130mm -17 stem with the saddle about 2.5 cm behind the BB for a reach from tip of saddle to center of bars 52.5mm (using 3T Ergosum bars 128 drop/89 reach). Available stack and reach numbers indicate that the XS will be 6mm shorter in reach and 6mm shorter in stack.

So I will be trying:

1. SRAM red 22 for the shifters, front and rear derailleurs, 165mm crankset and PC Red 22 chain.
2. 52/36 qrings to replace the red chainrings
3. 130mm Sworks CLP stem and 3T aeronova ltd bars because they have 10mm more reach and I think I'd like that.
4. Nokon housing or jagwire illink??? I am hoping to run this in front of the headtube and under the forkcrown??
5. Enve 65mm carbon clinchers with G3 Powertap hub (1608 grams total) for training.
6. I hope to find a better seatpost topper or severely modify the existing one (suggestions)??
7. Undecided on saddle
8. Speedplays with stainless shorter spindle but may splurge and go titanium?
9. Arundel trident bottle cages

Thoughts?

Thanks.

Well got it down to 15 even with 1701 gram wheels with powertap G3 hub but took some purchases:

lighter bottle cages (Blackburn 18 grams each)
Ti spindles, Ti butterflies and Ti bolts on the speedplays (down to 150 grams)
Jagwire elite cable housing (Nokon too loud)
Modified the topper (down 10 to 152 grams)
lighter Selle San Marco saddle (down 10 grams and more comfortable)
lighter ti brakeset (down 20 grams and can run 25 mm tires)
lighter ti skewers (down 30 grams)...

[url]Image[/url]

[url]Image[/url]

[url]Image[/url]

[url]Image[/url]

sychen

by sychen

You sound like me in dimensions.. Short legs, long body? Same bar to saddle measurements.. What's your bb to saddle?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

xntrickly

by xntrickly

[quote="sychen"]You sound like me in dimensions.. Short legs, long body? Same bar to saddle measurements.. What's your bb to saddle?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk[/quote]

BB to the top of the saddle where I sit is 69.5 or 83 from the top of the pedal spindle up to the same spot on the saddle...

Cheers.

Kukula

by Kukula

What a beautiful bike! I ride a Propel myself and love it. I missed out on that all black SL0 and ended up with the 2015 SL0 black and white with blue graphics. Built weight is a little less than 15 lbs with Di2. Glad to see people are still enjoying thier Propels. I intend to keep mine for a long time :)

jeffy

by jeffy

Tomstr wrote:Proper slam too, it looks like something Darth Vader would ride on. :thumbup:

Vadar was known for his incredible flexibility.

BikeAnon

by BikeAnon

Darth could never get his bike that light.

Because he insists on sticking with SRAM Force.

But he does make sure to use the black ones. You know how he prefers the dark side of the Force. ;)

xntrickly

by xntrickly

[quote="Kukula"]What a beautiful bike! I ride a Propel myself and love it. I missed out on that all black SL0 and ended up with the 2015 SL0 black and white with blue graphics. Built weight is a little less than 15 lbs with Di2. Glad to see people are still enjoying thier Propels. I intend to keep mine for a long time :)[/quote]

Thanks for the kind words !! Where is yours because I would like to see how you got yours under 15 !!

Cheers.
My really fast midget Giant Propel Advanced SL viewtopic.php?f=10&t=132773&hilit=advanced+sl+propel

sychen

by sychen

xntrickly wrote:
sychen wrote:You sound like me in dimensions.. Short legs, long body? Same bar to saddle measurements.. What's your bb to saddle?

BB to the top of the saddle where I sit is 69.5 or 83 from the top of the pedal spindle up to the same spot on the saddle...

Cheers.

Ahh not quite the short legged freak that I am.. Great build.. Been considering the propel for my next bike but haven't seen any xs or xxs builds. Currently have to run a - 25 deg stem to get low enough.. Can probably go a bit lower.. Your build will be a terrific guide if I do decide on the propel.

Kukula

by Kukula

As you wish :)
2015 Propel Advanced SL0
Enve 4.5 wheelset clincher with Enve CF hubs
Time Xpresso 15 pedals
Tune water bottle cages
Shimano Di2
Berk CF saddle
Total weight is 14.14 lbs

Sorry would love to post images but I suck and dunno how to do it lol

xntrickly

by xntrickly

[quote="Kukula"]As you wish :)
2015 Propel Advanced SL0
Enve 4.5 wheelset clincher with Enve CF hubs
Time Xpresso 15 pedals
Tune water bottle cages
Shimano Di2
Berk CF saddle
Total weight is 14.14 lbs

Sorry would love to post images but I suck and dunno how to do it lol[/quote]

Cheater !! Those hubs alone and then the saddle are combined 200 grams lighter me thinks? Send me pics les.akins@sbcglobal.net so I can look for other ways to lighten my bike !!

Cheers.
My really fast midget Giant Propel Advanced SL viewtopic.php?f=10&t=132773&hilit=advanced+sl+propel

Kukula

by Kukula

Lol. Well thr wheelsets are 1415 g. As built and weighted by Jason of FWB. Anyway pics sent. Enjoy :)

bonafide

by bonafide

That is one sexy beast!!! Love it

This build also gives me hope to get my new S3 build down to 15. It's almost built up and not weight yet. I went with Sram Red 1X, Red brakes, Enve classic 45's with PT G3 Red 11-32 cassette, Rotor 3D plus cranks. Hopefully I will be close...?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com