Differences Rotor crank and Rotor SRM crank - swapping arms

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Timmetje

by Timmetje

I am considering buying a (used) SRM with rotor crank arms. My position is dailed in but I am thinking about trying some different crank lengths this season. Therefore, does anyone know if the crank arms used on the rotor 3D SRM are any different from the ordinary rotor 3D arms?

If they are identical it would allow me to change the crank for a different length (as described in other threads). It would be similar to for example a power2max where the powermeter is simply the spider part of the crank. However, the dura-ace SRM crank arms are different from the ordinary dura-ace arms, and are thus not easily swapped. Of course the swapping procedure is similar but it would mean crank arms are only being sold via SRM, which makes it very costly.

I suppose the SRM rotor crank arms have several extra holes drilled in them to bolt them to the SRM spider, but I need to know for sure. Can I buy an ordinary rotor 3d crank and use this for an SRM?

Pokerface07

by Pokerface07

Just saw this post. I'm sure you found the answer already - but for anyone else - the Rotor crank arms used for the 3D SRM are specially machined for the SRM unit. So no, you can't just swap in standard ones. (The NDS arm is standard).

If you have a 3D+ version though, I believe it's a straight swap of arms from a standard road crankset.
Twitter: @FormerTTchamp https://twitter.com/FormerTTchamp

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Tillquist

by Tillquist

Here is a SRM Rotor 3D, it is NOT standart mount from Rotor

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
See all my bike h e r e

Geoff

by Geoff

As a related aside, I am running a Rotor SRM on Danny Martin's bike from last season and it is a really good unit! It is impressively stiff and light. I would recommend that system to anyone.