New WW brakes - 2015 eeBrakes Vs 2015 Ciamillo micro

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

mr4fox

by mr4fox

Ive been pretty happy with my Ciamilo Micros. I got them just after they were released in late 2013 (i think) at a reduced introductory price;) at first i found getting them set up a bit tedious but after i figured out the brake cable housing lengths i haven't had any problems since. Coupled to Dura Ace 9070 levers i don't feel I've ever lacked power, in fact I'm pretty sure they can produce more power than any tyre can handle. Modulation has always felt great too. It did take a few weeks before Ted sent them and a couple more weeks to reach me in Norway but everything coming into Norway takes longer than necessary. Ive heard people complain about Ted replying to emails but he's answered the phone promptly both times i called him.
Having said all that, I recall during my research for my brakes that i only ever heard good things about EE's, i just couldn't afford them :(

Bogan

by Bogan

I have bought EE's direct from Craig. Exemplary customer service. Also today I had to do a very hard stop from about 50 kmh. It reminded me just how good the EE's are.
MAMIL? Never. O.F.I.L. yeh! (Old F**ker in Lycra)

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Tinea Pedis

by Tinea Pedis

mattr wrote:Have a search through the forum for news on ciamillo.......

Bingo. We bang on about asking noobies to use search for reasons like this.

snowdevlin

by snowdevlin

Tinea Pedis wrote:Bingo. We bang on about asking noobies to use search for reasons like this.

But the posts were old and there was no direct comparison as of late or the new models. :smartass: :smartass:

Waldo
in the industry

by Waldo

I doubt you'll find opinions of newer Ciamillo brakes since so many people are having issues actually getting them. I believe that is why people were suggesting you search.
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=126509

EDIT for typo.
ENVE contract engineer | Former Zipp test engineer

mdeth1313

by mdeth1313

As was mentioned previously, even if you were able to get the ciamillo brakes and not have issues with them, the eebrakes are far superior. They work when they're clean, they work when they're dirty, they don't go off center and they've got plenty of stopping power, not to mention incredibly smooth modulation.
Speedplay is the devil!

pritchet74

by pritchet74

I have the new EE brakes and they are by far the best brakes that I have ever used. Modulation is simply amazing. Stopping power is perfect.
Have you ever wondered if there was more to life, other than being really, really, ridiculously good looking?

CloudMoon

by CloudMoon

no worth comparing..... Definitely EE brakes.....

spartan

by spartan

great brakes but..... the price is OBSCENE. for ~$660 for a pair shimano will sell you full hydralic shifter/caliper/disc unit..
Current Rides:

2023 Tarmac SL7 Di2 9270
ex 2019 S-works SL6
ex 2018 Trek Madone SLR Disc
ex 2016 Giant TCRAdvanced Sl
ex 2012 Trek Madone7

Ozrider

by Ozrider

Nothing obscene for brakes that weigh 169g as opposed to 294g for Shimano DA 9000, and that WORK just as well.
I got the new EE brakes a few days after they were released and have been really impressed.
Recently did a 4 day race, 2 days in pouring rain, and the brakes worked really well. Excellent stopping power and modulation and the quick release makes swapping wheels and loading bikes pre and post race a breeze.
It's not often you get a product so much lighter than OEM equipment that works so well.
Ozrider - Western Australia
Parlee Z5 XL (6055g/13.32lbs) Trek Madone 5.9 (7052-7500g)Jonesman Columbus Spirit (8680g)
Chase your dreams - it's only impossible until it's done

CAMSHAFT

by CAMSHAFT

Don't buy Ciamillo.

Johnny Rad

by Johnny Rad

>2 seasons on my EE brakes and they're 100% good-to-go.
The other positive reviews for EE are on-target.

My only hesitation buying a set today is the future may very well be disc brakes and not rim ... seems to me that it depends upon how long you think that future will take (if ever) to arrive and what your bike buying future may be. This is exactly why I'm hesitating to buy a new set of rim brake wheels. Some may call it smart shopping while others may rightly accuse me of being paralyzed! Ha.

jumpman

by jumpman

Buy anything else other than Ciamillo. I have doubts hes actually fulfilled any orders this year, maybe he took the money from all the buyers and went on an extended vacation.
2011 Cannondale Evo Team, SRAM Red, Corima MCC on Conti comps, Ciamillo Carbon Zero G(taken off all Ciamillo crap), Look Keo Carbon, 3T ARX Ltd stem, Carbon Ti skewers

CAMSHAFT

by CAMSHAFT

My '13 order was filled this year... :D

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

funtez

by funtez

Any recommendations for cable set for the ee brakes? Going to stick with the campag SR 2015 shifter cables but figured perhaps something weenie for the ee's would be perhaps worthwhile?