New WW brakes - 2015 eeBrakes Vs 2015 Ciamillo micro

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

corky

by corky

funtez wrote:Any recommendations for cable set for the ee brakes? Going to stick with the campag SR 2015 shifter cables but figured perhaps something weenie for the ee's would be perhaps worthwhile?

Don't use anything too stiff.... eE's don't have the strongest return springs....eg Yokohama sucked when I used them, Campagnolo work so much better.

eric

by eric

EE's been shipping with stronger return springs for a number of years. They have a flattened main section.

I prefer the feel with the original round springs but draggy or worn housings can hamper brake return with them.

I recently put on Jagwire's segmented housing and it's slicker than owl shit.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

atwong1

by atwong1

I have the Ciamillo Micro, and I love them. Very light but as strong as Dura Ace. I ordered from Irish Cycles and they were shipped to me in less than a week.

bImage

Cush

by Cush

Given the delay of Ciamillo cranksets (at least two years) that were paid for in full, I would be leary of buying anything from Ted. I'm sure he is trying but a bunch of us have lost a lot of money here.

2old4this

by 2old4this

After trying once, I took the pre-2015 EEs off. I just couldn't get used to the way they looked. I have not seen the new ones in person but pictures do not look as bad as the old ones IMHO (please no flames.)
Ciamillios, they look much better, and stop the bike just as well. However, there has been so much horror stories, I will not buy them direct. You can try fleeBay or other distributors.

boyt666

by boyt666

hello everyone ,

I've ordered a pair of micro's on november 29 , 2013 ! he called me once after a few month ; after some mail exchange with the promise he 'll finally send the brakes ... nothing heard since... no mail responce anymore and after 2 years I can 't refund my money anymore from Visa card ... ( max 12 month )

That's what you get when you are a patience and honest person !

kind regards Ted , still love you ..... or not .....

Sam D from Belgium ....