Light weight silver/polished seatpost option 27.2

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Bantamben

by Bantamben

I want a seatpost to put on my colnago master I need a 27.2 silver polished with some setback. I've used alien use before and ritchey both are ok use is light but not as good looking, and ritchey is pretty nice looking but not really that light.
Any other options. Image

dogg

by dogg

i can't help much with regards to selection but if you can find a suitable alloy post in ANY color it can be stripped of its anodizing with oven cleaner and polished with relative ease. I've done this in the past on several bikes when i couldn't find suitable silver posts for my needs

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Bantamben

by Bantamben

Thanks that's nice to know. I'll be in the lookout for black seatpost now too.

rideforfun

by rideforfun

You could try the thomson elite (silver). Good quality, reasonably priced and weighs in at ~200g. If you are willing to spend more, the Thomson masterpiece comes in even lighter at around 160g.

Starter

by Starter

This is a pricy option, but you might want to check out Lynskey... They make a titanium post with 25mm of setback that features an Enve clamp. The stock post is $199 and a titanium gray color, but Lynskey does offer a special mirror-polish finish on their custom bikes... I'm sure it could be negotiated for the post. Probably run you another $75-$100 though... I believe it's a $1,000 option for a frame.

Like I said, pricy. But the end result would be pretty rad...
Oof.

Stolichnaya

by Stolichnaya

I have seen some painters do pretty cool things with chrome looking paints these days.
Have you considered asking about to see if a carbon post could be painted in a polished chrome look?

kgt

by kgt

I would go for something in NOS.

Starter

by Starter

Also, for what it's worth, if that was my bike I'd be doing the cockpit in black...

Not just because it's far easier to source stuff, but because I think the chrome stuff looks off against the carbon wheels. I'd let the chromed elements of the frame stand alone, since they are contained within the lines of the frame, if you see what I'm saying. Beyond those lines, a black post, headset, stem and bars will balance the black wheels.

Conversely, if you're not married to those wheels, you could build up some super lightweight old-school tubbies in silver...

Of course, aesthetics are completely subjective. It's a fine-looking bike as is. I've just never been partial to modern wheels and components coupled with old-school silver cockpits. They seem to beg for downtube shifters, ha ha. When I build an older steel frame up with say SRAM Red, I like everything else to be modern as well. This allows the vintage frame to draw even more attention due to it's contrariness in relation rest of the build.
Oof.

odin99

by odin99

+1 Thompson masterpiece. they can be tuned with ti bolts and different top plate.

Bantamben

by Bantamben

Yeah I love the look of the offset titanium seatpost from Erickson and moots lynskey. There just pretty pricey and Id have to polish it in order to get it too match.

AGW

by AGW

Deda makes some, but I don't know if they're that light.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com