Ax Lightness/Extralite hub question, help needed?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Racing2

by Racing2

I'm so done with this at the moment, could somebody please help me with my hub question:

I have a set of Ax lightness with an UltraFront SPM hub in it. Now from research the marking:"left side >>>" means you have to put that side to the non drivetrain side of the bike, even though the letters are upside down. When I was looking this up I came to notice that my hubs look kindsof different from all the ones that I find on the web, I worry that my axle may be the wrong way around and if so, should i also turn it the other way around (against the advice written on the hub)

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

In the manuals and on the pictures the more massive axle end is called the left axle end, on my wheels they seem to be the other way around.

http://www.extralite.com/Manuals/UltraF ... on%202.pdf

Frontal view of my wheel, as you can see the slimmer axle end is on the right side here, which is the propper left/non drivetrain side and same point of view as with the hub photo shown above.

Same view but as you can see the axle end on the drivetrain side is the more massive one which on every other picture i've found is on the other side.

Any extralite users that can shed their light on this and what the propper way of installing would be?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

mike
Resident Pro

by mike

you should pm Jason of fairwheel or adrien of roueartisans. I don't see how the performance would be affected whether the bigger part of the axle is on the right or the left.

Racing2

by Racing2

They are one way run specific, don't ask me exactly why but it is stated very clear in all documentation that I could find, I've contacted many people for this, and I'm now completly sure that my axle is installed the wrong way around and from all i've heard the bottom line is to just run them with the micro adjuster to the left regardless of what the text says on the hub. That's clear and all, but still a pretty big thing to miss on a 2500,00 euro plus wheelset I think.

aspms

by aspms

I don't see why you should be worried about logos orientation- on the front hub it's the same direction as your handlebar logos. Like said before make sure micro adjuster is on the left side unless you tighten your skewers on the right side :D
quality carbon repairs and paintjobs @bikebay.lv
https://www.instagram.com/bikebay.lv/

mdeth1313

by mdeth1313

I have 2 wheelsets w/ extralite hubs and yes, the orientation is non-drive side even though the logo appears upside down. When I got the first set (as they were built by FWB), Jason confirmed this.
Speedplay is the devil!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Racing2

by Racing2

Thanks, mine is logo right side up, after the first confusion of them having an specific orientation which had the logo upside up it became more confusing when mine turned out installed the wrong way around and therefor have the logo the right way up. Bottomline micro adjuster to the left and roll.