Question on 2013 Cannondale Supersix Sram Red

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

txtraveler357

by txtraveler357

Good evening,

My local bike shop has a 2013 Cannondale Supersix Sram Red. It appears to be the same bike as the Cannondale Supersix 3 Ultegra, except with the Sram Red groupset, and the Kryserium Elite Wheels. It has an advertised price of $4699, with a demo sale price of $2499. Its in the BBQ color scheme. They have it listed as an EVO, but the EVO seems to have the word "evo" on the frame, where as this has the 6 on the fork and top tube as it appears in the link below.

I am curious as to the board's thoughts/experiences on this bike, and whether or not this is a good deal. I currently ride a Scott Speedster full aluminum bike. Below is a link to a picture of what the bike looks like, except in Ultegra.

http://images.evanscycles.com/product_i ... d-bike.jpg

Thanks in advance for your responses.

GT56

by GT56

2013 MY still had the non Evo Super Six, so that is what you are looking at

you can't go wrong with those, especially at that price and paint scheme (although your taste may differ)

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Starter

by Starter

Meh, there are better deals. I know of a shop that was blowing out 2014 Evo Reds for the same price. And the 14's come with 11 speed Red 22, unlike the 13's, which had older 10 speed Red.
Oof.

rnarito

by rnarito

I almost went for the same kind of deal on the 2013 SuperSix, but went for the EVO Red instead. The $2,499 demo price when the bike is 2 years behind (Cannondale has their 2015's out now) seems high. See if the guy will drop the price, or go with something else. I rode the SuperSix and it's a nice bike!

txtraveler357

by txtraveler357

I appreciate the feedback. It was listed as an evo red, but once I started looking it up, the paint scheme is that of the ss3. I'm going to shop around a bit before locking it down.

m66

by m66

Right - the Supersix is frame design from like '08. The Evo is '11. The Evo is lighter, stronger, better handling, and more comfortable. Find a leftover Evo if you can...

txtraveler357

by txtraveler357

Also, any other bike options as this price point that you guys would recommend? I've looked at the Wilier GTS, the Cervelo R3, the BMC Slr02 Team Machine (havent ridden this one yet), the Pinarello Razha K, and the Scott Solace. My goal is a comfortable speed demon.

wingguy

by wingguy

There's a big spread of geometries you're looking at there, from very aggressive on the supersix to very upright on the solace with the others spread across the gap. Do you know what your riding position needs to be?

txtraveler357

by txtraveler357

Wingguy, I'm trying to find the proper mix. I'm a larger rider now, 5'10, 250lbs or so who is beginning triathalon training. My competition weight will be around 190-200. I ride the scott speedster, which is a comfortable aggressive geometry. Comfort is good, but slow (mushy ride feeling )is unacceptable. That's why I'm looking for a racier bike that is comfortable as well. The majority of my rides will be 100k or less. Any suggestions?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

thomasjaydunn

by thomasjaydunn

:up:
Last edited by Frankie - B on Mon Nov 10, 2014 2:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: deleted the unsolicited advertising.