Sram Red 22 Front Derailleur on Shimano 11 Speed Drivetrain?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

robertg

by robertg

Has anyone tried this? I have a 6800 Ultegra drivetrain but want to run a yaw front derailleur. If anyone has tried this and has feedback, I would appreciate it.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

CXTony

by CXTony

Why do you want to use Yaw instead of Shimano?

robertg

by robertg

I am a Sram guy really, and I plan on changing the whole drivetrain. But I like the idea of the integrated chain spotter, and I can't stand the whole Shimano trim.

Krackor

by Krackor

This comment thread suggests they're compatible. One guy says he's been using an Ultegra 6800 FD with a Sram 10-speed shifter. Sram 10 and 11 speed FD cable pull is the same (I'm using Force22 FD with Apex 10-speed shifter on my cx bike) so that means Shimano 11-speed FD will be compatible with Sram 11-speed shifter. Which means cable pull must be at least very similar if not identical for the two systems, so the opposite combination (Sram FD, Shimano shifter) should work too.

743power
Shop Wrench

by 743power

The shifter dictates whether or not you have trim. I'm a sram guy too, but the front shifting on shimano 11 speed is brilliant!
"Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius -- and a lot of courage -- to move in the opposite direction."

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

robertg

by robertg

I know the shifter dictates the trim, but with the yaw design, it would not be necessary to be concerned. I could just shift and not be concerned about the shifter positioning.