High speed camera VIDEO: Sram vs. Campa vs. Shimano

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Permon

by Permon

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7_yPgF6YM_c

What a pitty they have not included front shifting video:(

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

goodboyr

by goodboyr

Old version of di2. No multishifting ability on it. Newer version shifts faster.

Mr.Gib

by Mr.Gib

Interesting but if the focus is speed of shifting does it even matter? Ability to anticipate gear shifts should far outweigh any advantages of one groupset over another. Isn't the most important shift quality the ability of groupsets to accurately and reliably shift one cog at time? If you need to dump the whole cassette or gear down five cogs at a time than you probably didn't have your "head in the game" at some point. Still nice to see for academic reasons.
wheelsONfire wrote: When we ride disc brakes the whole deal of braking is just like a leaving a fart. It happens and then it's over. Nothing planned and nothing to get nervous for.

bikerjulio

by bikerjulio

I have a short attention span.

Is there a conclusion?
There's sometimes a buggy.
How many drivers does a buggy have?

One.

So let's just say I'm drivin' this buggy...
and if you fix your attitude you can ride along with me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GekiIMh4ZkM

Calnago
In Memoriam

by Calnago

I asked the same thing. I couldn't figure out what the takeaway was. ??
Colnago C64 - The Naked Build; Colnago C60 - PR99; Trek Koppenberg - Where Emonda and Domane Meet;
Unlinked Builds (searchable): Colnago C59 - 5 Years Later; Trek Emonda SL Campagnolo SR; Special Colnago EPQ

kkibbler

by kkibbler

Is shifter actuation synchronized between groups? Otherwise don't see the point.

Permon

by Permon

It is not. Finally the video is useless:(

wingguy

by wingguy

Mr.Gib wrote:If you need to dump the whole cassette or gear down five cogs at a time than you probably didn't have your "head in the game" at some point. Still nice to see for academic reasons.

Right, but do you have your head in the game all the time on every ride?

A system that works perfectly only as long as its operator is perfect is therefore as fallible as the operator. A system that gives a clumsy ham-fisted idiot a bunch of get out of jail free cards is, in the real world, a better system, isn't it?

Mr.Gib

by Mr.Gib

wingguy wrote:
Mr.Gib wrote:If you need to dump the whole cassette or gear down five cogs at a time than you probably didn't have your "head in the game" at some point. Still nice to see for academic reasons.

Right, but do you have your head in the game all the time on every ride?

Pretty much. When things heat up to the point that shifts matter, yeah I don't lose focus. I feel there is enough that you can't control that can kill you, so I work hard to take care of the things I can control, being in the moment the most important. Lycra + concrete, is a terrible equation.

wingguy wrote:A system that works perfectly only as long as its operator is perfect is therefore as fallible as the operator. A system that gives a clumsy ham-fisted idiot a bunch of get out of jail free cards is, in the real world, a better system, isn't it?

A good point, and kudos to the companies that do the best job at this.
wheelsONfire wrote: When we ride disc brakes the whole deal of braking is just like a leaving a fart. It happens and then it's over. Nothing planned and nothing to get nervous for.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com