Emonda SL geometry

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

BigPoser

by BigPoser

So I'm looking at several frames and one of them is the Emonda SL (size 56, H2 geo). Looking at the geometry, it seems to me that it's neither a race or a endurance geometry but something in between. The R3 is one of the other frames that I'm looking at (also a 56), and its geometry is VERY similar to the Emonda.

Will the geometry experts please chime in on this? What is it really?

Thanks in advance.

Brandon

russianbear

by russianbear

Pick the one that fits you better.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

djconnel

by djconnel

The difference is about 2 cm of stem (the Emonda H1 is less aggressive than the Madone H1 but the H2's are the same, so only Madone is plotted here):

So there's plenty of in-between. 2 cm of stem isn't much.

If you want even more relaxed, it's an extra 1.5 cm or so of stem for the Domane standard geometry.

The key thing here is to not compare the same frame "size". When switching to a more "relaxed" geometry the best fit may well be a smaller frame with a more similar head tube but requiring a longer stem.

BigPoser

by BigPoser

djconnel wrote:The key thing here is to not compare the same frame "size". When switching to a more "relaxed" geometry the best fit may well be a smaller frame with a more similar head tube but requiring a longer stem.

I've often thought this could be a possibility. My thought was that the stem would just be an extension of the top tube, so to speak. In reality I'm probably in between sizes in most brands.

The Boardman SLS is another frame that I'm looking at.