Suggestions for a 0mm offset matte UD post in 27.2?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Starter

by Starter

Just picked up a Ritchey Superlogic EvoCurve bar and Superlogic stem... I'd go for the hat trick and get a Superlogic post (particularly since it's 147g), but it only comes in a massive 25mm setback. They do make a zero-offset WCS carbon post, but it's glossy.

So now I'm looking for a zero-offset post in matte uni-directional carbon that will match the Superlogic stuff, preferably without a ton of flashy graphics. I found some posts (Hylix, etc) on eBay from Taiwan/China, and while some of them look nice, they all take nearly a month to reach the US.

Any suggestions for a post that meets the criteria, and can be had reasonably quickly?
Oof.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

rcb78

by rcb78

There is a new Superlogic post in the works that will have a reversible head, 25mm or 5mm depending on how you install it. 'Supposed' to be out around the end of this year, or early next.

Marin

by Marin

Or pay for fast shipping on a chinese seatpost.

NiFTY

by NiFTY

Honestly mate, get the seatpost you want + a razorlblade and 1200 grit sandpaper and matte clearcoat in a can Will cost about $10 and take less than 60 mins. I have sanded down 2 ritchey superlogic seatposts and they both look perfect.
Evo 4.9kg SL3 6.64kg Slice RS 8.89kg viewtopic.php?f=10&t=110579" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Herb5998

by Herb5998

ENVE zero offset post, you can get the ENVE graphics off easy, and it's a great seatpost.

kode54

by kode54

Herb5998 wrote:ENVE zero offset post, you can get the ENVE graphics off easy, and it's a great seatpost.

yes...and also, you can also find one selling on the 'Bay with black graphics that came off of a Cannondale Black Inc. bike which isn't flashy with white logos.
- Factor Ostro VAM Disc
- Factor LS Disc
- Specialized Aethos Disc
- Sturdy Ti Allroad Disc
- Guru Praemio R Disc

Briscoelab

by Briscoelab

Enve.

Or find a 3T Doric in Stealth.

mulletmaster

by mulletmaster

3t do a really nice zero offset seat post but the mechanism is a PITA.

Slack

by Slack

Or the new Specialized post, looks pretty good

http://www.specialized.com/us/en/ftb/ro ... n-seatpost

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Starter

by Starter

Thanks for all the replies... Based on rcb78's suggestion, I managed to get ahold of that as-yet unreleased Ritchey Superlogic with the reversible head... I think I can work with 5mm setback.

The new post will actually be called the Superlogic Link post, as it will incorporate the Link and Flexlogic technologies found in the WCS Carbon Link Flexlogic post. In fact, it's basically just a hi-mod carbon version of that post. It should work the same in terms of being vertically compliant, but I imagine it will also be lighter.

It should arrive Wednesday... I'll check back in with the weight and some thoughts on it. Cheers!

EDIT As promised here's a quick post with pics and weight: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=128888
Oof.