KMC missing link chewing 7900 cassette

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

sclim

by sclim

@Steve_W: Oh, right, I got it totally wrong. But if I understand correctly now, in your first post you said that the last 3 7900 DA cassettes wore out really fast, so now you stick to Ultegra cassettes. In your reply to me, using KMC 10-speed chain and KMC Missing Links and 7900 DA cassette with no issues, you are referring to no issues with dropped chain under these circumstances, right? (i.e. not meaning no issues with wearing out of the DA cassette, which I guess must still happen, i.e. not prevented with the KMC chain and Missing Link).

BdaGhisallo

by BdaGhisallo

Jiiim wrote:I wish wipperman would bring out an 11 speed quick link. They are very handy!

They're out there. It took them a while but they have been on the market for about two months.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

srshaw

by srshaw

Is it me or are kmc chains a bit short when new? I have a chain length tool checker and all of my kmc chains too tight when new (everything from an 8sp chain on my old mtb, 10sp on my winter bike and 11sp on my best bike), so much so that I can't actually get the tool in (a park tool cc2). With a bit of wear they seem to lengthen.

To be fair though it doesn't seem to cause problems and I really like kmc chains and have never had problems with them unduly wearing other componets.

Titanium22

by Titanium22

I just fitted a dura ace 11 speed chain, and a KMC missing link. The missing link says KMC and 11sp on it, if that helps.