Pricing on 2015 Cervelo RCA

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

audiophilitis

by audiophilitis

Does anyone have pricing information on the 2015 RCA? i've read that it will be less than the current model.

mnmasotto

by mnmasotto

My local dealer quoted me $9800 for a 2015 model to be deliver in late November. I do not know if that was MSRP.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

apeescape56

by apeescape56

To my knowledge Cervelo has not changed the MSRP in the US. Pricing to dealers remains unchanged.

LionelB

by LionelB

what a a deal !

djconnel

by djconnel

LionelB wrote:what a a deal !

I think if you ever use the term deal in the context of getting a good price on something, unless it's buying and selling companies or perhaps large parcels of real estate, this is the wrong bike for you.

audiophilitis

by audiophilitis

apeescape56 wrote:To my knowledge Cervelo has not changed the MSRP in the US. Pricing to dealers remains unchanged.

http://road.cc/content/news/129763-cervélo-update-flagship-rca-frame-and-drop-price-£1000

here's where I read about the price decrease...

my dealer has also quoted me same pricing as 2014 model.

LionelB

by LionelB

djconnel wrote:I think if you ever use the term deal in the context of getting a good price on something, unless it's buying and selling companies or perhaps large parcels of real estate, this is the wrong bike for you.

I am actually not quite sure what you mean. But this is clearly not the bike for me.

audiophilitis

by audiophilitis

audiophilitis wrote:
apeescape56 wrote:To my knowledge Cervelo has not changed the MSRP in the US. Pricing to dealers remains unchanged.

http://road.cc/content/news/129763-cervélo-update-flagship-rca-frame-and-drop-price-£1000

From the article...

We brought you news of Cervélo’s updated S5 and a first ride on the Canadian company’s new entry-level R2 recently, now it’s time to have a look at the RCa, which has been overhauled for 2015.

The big news with the RCa, the company's flagship model, is that along with a raft of updates to make it lighter and stiffer, as you'd expect, is that Cervélo have slashed the price of the frameset from £7,500 to £6,500. Yes, it’s still eye-wateringly expensive but now you have a bit more change left over. The new RCa is still made at hand-built Cervélo's Project California facility.

wheelsONfire

by wheelsONfire

But it is not longer a limited frame. It sold to well for that i guess.
Bikes:

Ax Lightness Vial EVO Race (2019.01.03)
Open *UP* (2016.04.14)
Paduano Racing Fidia (kind of shelved)

Ex bike; Vial EVO D, Vial EVO Ultra, Scott Foil, Paduano ti bike.

djconnel

by djconnel

LionelB wrote:I am actually not quite sure what you mean. But this is clearly not the bike for me.

It makes no rational economic sense. So if you buy it, it's basically money-is-no-object-I-want-the-best-at-whatever-the-cost.

coppercook62

by coppercook62

LionelB wrote:
djconnel wrote:I think if you ever use the term deal in the context of getting a good price on something, unless it's buying and selling companies or perhaps large parcels of real estate, this is the wrong bike for you.

I am actually not quite sure what you mean. But this is clearly not the bike for me.

you have some of the nicest bikes I have ever seen.

Cervelolite

by Cervelolite

for 10k it would be nice to have something personalized (ie. custom painted at the least although i appreciate that adds weight....)

dadoflam08

by dadoflam08

Limited or not its not much use beyond café rides if it doesn't fit like a glove. For that money the only drawcard for me would be getting custom geometry as offered by Scappa for the Purosangue model - effectively same weight with custom geometry and paint.
'83 De Rosa+'11 Baum Corretto+'08 BMC Pro Machine >6kg+'86 Pinarello Team +'72 Cinelli SC +'58 Bianchi+'71 Cinelli SC+'78 Masi GC+'83 La Redoute Motobecane+'94 Banesto Pegoretti+'88 Bianchi X4 +'48 Super Elliott+'99 Look Kg281+'18 Pegoretti

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

BlackMadone

by BlackMadone

djconnel wrote:
LionelB wrote:I am actually not quite sure what you mean. But this is clearly not the bike for me.

It makes no rational economic sense. So if you buy it, it's basically money-is-no-object-I-want-the-best-at-whatever-the-cost.

He rides a Pinarello F8 so I think in his mind he's got that!