rotor 3d creaking

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

grouk

by grouk

i dont have press fit that case is about a threaded bb

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

grouk

by grouk

I will reopen this topic again
I am about to receive my new bike, spec venge 2015, but i will keep my spec roubaix to training and to winter bike,
i am using a rotor crankset with qxl chainrings and power2max, i want to swap the crankset between bikes, my question is
what is the best procedure to make the switch?
what is the correct order and torque of the screws?
What does the oring do?

wheelsONfire

by wheelsONfire

Hey Grouk,

why don't you just mail Rotor? I am sure the technical department will get back to you. I have had questions which all have been answered by Boris at Rotor (Spain).
techservice2@rotorbike.com
Bikes:

Ax Lightness Vial EVO Race (2019.01.03)
Open *UP* (2016.04.14)
Paduano Racing Fidia (kind of shelved)

Ex bike; Vial EVO D, Vial EVO Ultra, Scott Foil, Paduano ti bike.

grouk

by grouk

Wheelsonfire thanks i ill do it

pressed001

by pressed001

stormur wrote:
Thu Oct 30, 2014 8:21 pm
buy spare BB for 6800 and you will get the tool :)

if you "touch" something and it's get better for a while - you touched the problem. Change Rotor chainset bolts for new (15€) , and mount it DRY ( chainring holes) , except thread : here use Loctite 648 - it's relatively strong retainer (green) , but there's no issues with unscrewing . tight them to about 8Nm ( same bolt order rules as car wheel tightening bolts ! ) and wait 2-3 days before ride. If that won't help, change bolts for FSA : they're bit softer alu , and prevent creaking .

Tightening : first make it 4Nm, then 5, then 6 …

My Rotor 3d+ Triple with Stronglight chainrings started creaking recently after about a total of 600km. At least, I assume that is the issue after reading this thread.

Thanks for the advice. I will try this and post results.

I was thinking that it was coming from either the BB or Chainrings/crank. What was the guy talking about RD hanger alignment tool fixing his issue. That I don't understand.

pressed001

by pressed001

Recently my 3d+ Triple started creaking and cracking under load. After educating myself here, I disassembled the crank completely, cleaned thoroughly and re-assembled using Loctite 243. All noise now gone.

I think the main problem was not only were all chainring bolts getting loose but also the large red center cap had worked its way loose and I mean loose. I did not Loctite that back in place. My plan for it is to periodically check for proper torque.

Thanks for all the great information in this thread.