Road Aero Bar Comfort

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

spdntrxi

by spdntrxi

Used Enve aero bars in the past and Canyon H11's now.. no problems even on long rides with lots of climbing.
2024 BMC TeamMachine R
2018 BMC TImeMachine Road
2002 Moots Compact-SL
2019 Parlee Z0XD - "classified"
2023 Pivot E-Vault

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

joshclick

by joshclick

Flat tops are definitely more comfortable than round. The surface matches even my small hands quite well. The 3T Aeronova almost has a blade-like top, which is definitely more aero, but probably not as nice to wrap your hands around.

I'm personally running these TIME Ergo Force bars which are still aero but quite round and comfy. The only downside is their weight

survivor

by survivor

Using ENVE SES Aero bar currently and loving it!

ichobi

by ichobi

I use Canyon H11 Aerobar that comes with Canyon Aeroad CF SLX.
I must say the comfort level is horrible horrible. It's really stiff. There's no flex whatsoever and very good when sprinting but you also feel every bits of the road, and not in a nice way. Bar tape doesn't help. I hated it, but it looks cool...

importbible

by importbible

Have vukasprints very comfy. Only thing I can't do is place my forearmon the flat part because it is too slippery.

Synnove

by Synnove

Used an AeroNova copy for a few months and enjoyed it greatly; no issues with comfort. I actually preferred the way they felt in hand compared to standard round bars.

ianSWBB
Shop Wrench

by ianSWBB

currently use the ENVE SES Aero Road Bars on the Colnago
got Most Talon on the Dogma

both are good

had a test ride recently on the 3T aeronova bars and liked them too! :)

UncleJamsArmy

by UncleJamsArmy

I just sold my SL-70's, as I think integrated stem and bars are going to be the way to go. I really like what Trek did with their new Madone, the new Bontrager stem/bar cleans up the front very nicely. Scott has a new stem/bar combo coming out in 2016, too.

jet520

by jet520

I use Zipp SL-70 Aero, it's very comfortable for long-distance riding and looks great!

From my iPhone Tapatalk

glepore

by glepore

Just went to Aeronovas from an integrated bar. My initial impression was that the reach was too long and would require a 1cm stem shortening, but I've since concluded that it's not necessary. The Aeronovas have that hump behind the lever, and it fits nicely into the palm at the base of the thumb.
Cysco Ti custom Campy SR mechanical (6.9);Berk custom (5.6); Serotta Ottrott(6.8) ; Anvil Custom steel Etap;1996 Colnago Technos Record

BmanX

by BmanX

Zipp Vuka Sprint user and love the tops of those bars.

BIG DADDY B FLOW
AERO & LIGHT is RIGHT for 2 decades

Alexvpaq

by Alexvpaq

I have bontrager's alloy aero bar on my trek, feels very good in the hands, almost better than round bars to be honest...

So little hijack here, does 3t aerobars really have such a long reach?

glepore

by glepore

Yes, they are longish. But fwiw the shape of the tops encourages a position a little behind the hoods, at least for me. Its almost like another position entirely-I'm on the curve of the bar when I'm uprightish, with the hump in the bar in crook of my hand. I can still use hoods, just a little lower when on the flats, and there's a nice position when I drop the forearms flat where the hands naturally fall into the place between the hump and the hoods. So yeah, if you ride them solely on the hoods, they're longish, but with the multitude of other positions they don't seem so.
Cysco Ti custom Campy SR mechanical (6.9);Berk custom (5.6); Serotta Ottrott(6.8) ; Anvil Custom steel Etap;1996 Colnago Technos Record

NTMAD8R22

by NTMAD8R22

I have the enve SES Aero bars on a Time ZXRS. They are untaped (only on the flat section). They are extremely comfortable and the favorite bars I have ever ridden. I usually don't wear gloves either.

two thumbs up :)

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Nejmann

by Nejmann

I've been on most talon, cinelli ram, zipp sl-70, enve ses and enve conpact.. And the last one i still got. When you climb in a long time i still prefer the classic round shape.