Bike Mounts Galore! Garmin/GoPro/Cateye/Di2/Etc

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

vwo05

by vwo05

Found this company called Rec-Mounts on Amazon recently that has the biggest selection of computer, camera and light mounts I've ever seen. This includes Garmin, GoPro, Cateye, Lezyne, Di2 and the like. Basically, anything you would need to mount to a bike, they've thought about and made something for.

I wanted to share with everyone because I have never heard them mentioned before and their selection was amazing. It's probably because they are a Japanese company so they are relatively unknown.

I've already bought their Type1 (Aerobar mount) and their Type7 (stem mount). The Type7 mount works great with the GoPro. Very sturdy and footage is not shaky. I had the plastic Barfly GoFly mount and it was not sturdy at all and resulted in shaky footage. I would not recommend it. I mounted the GoPro to the Type 1 Aerobar mount but unfortunately the video was shaky. I wouldn't blame the mount though, I think it was just because they were mounted way out on my carbon aerobars that the aerobars were not stiff enough to keep the camera steady. The mount is great for the Garmin though. Very adjustable.

I did return one product though. It was the double bar GoPro mount. Not sure if I had a lemmon but the GoPro frame/housing would not fit in the GoPro mount without extensions. There was some intereference that prevented the holes from aligning. The other mounts using the same interface had no issues.

English Catalog
http://www.an-y.com/img/rec-mount-catalog3.pdf
Facebook Page
https://www.facebook.com/recmounts
Rec-Mounts available on Amazon
http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=bl_sr_photo?ie=UTF8&field-brandtextbin=REC-MOUNTS&node=502394

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

spdntrxi

by spdntrxi

I've had their garmin virb / edge 1000 combo for about a month. Nicely made .. Love the skinnish mounts in the bars since I also run a di2 climbing switch. The front half of the mount is beefy.. As in seems to weigh a lot.. I have not weighed it though
2024 BMC TeamMachine R
2018 BMC TImeMachine Road
2002 Moots Compact-SL
2019 Parlee Z0XD - "classified"
2023 Pivot E-Vault

vwo05

by vwo05

Which one is that? Is that the the type 9 mount with super skinny arms?

If so, how well does the pivoting mechanism work. I'm always wary of anything that pivots with a load cantilevered out. I had some plastic extenders (not recmounts) that were cantilevered out to hold my GoPro and they always tilted down whenever I'd hit a bump in the road.

And yeah, I agree their garmin mount is beefier than others but I'd take that for the added functionality to add adapters for attaching a variety of mounts.

spdntrxi

by spdntrxi

It's the one pictured with the go pro..

I did Levi's gran fondo with it.. Never had any movement and that ride is far from smooth and 100 miles plus
2024 BMC TeamMachine R
2002 Moots Compact-SL
2023 Pivot E-Vault

grouk

by grouk

vwo05

by vwo05

The titanium Raceware spacer di2 mount looks super nice. But I'm wondering how it will look if it doesn't match the angle of your stem. Have you seen any pictures of it mounted?

grouk

by grouk

vwo05 wrote:The titanium Raceware spacer di2 mount looks super nice. But I'm wondering how it will look if it doesn't match the angle of your stem. Have you seen any pictures of it mounted?

nop.. and you are right with very negative stems should not get very nice.

spdntrxi

by spdntrxi

Sorry I was on my phone.. now that I am on my laptop, I see it's TYPE9 that I own
2024 BMC TeamMachine R
2002 Moots Compact-SL
2023 Pivot E-Vault

Kayrehn

by Kayrehn

Amazing range of mounts there, great recommendation!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com