RS685 Weight?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

kingkongsfinger

by kingkongsfinger

Done two rides on them, 60 miles each. One word, superb. The hoods are so comfy.
Modulation is amazing, I race MTB's and use XTR brakes on both of my bikes, easily as powerful and probably a better feel than the XTR. (awaiting my titanium bolt up grade to be delivered.)

"I could have done this job myself in five minutes, but as things turned out I had to spend two days trying to find out why it had taken someone else three weeks to do it wrong."

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

MichaelB

by MichaelB

jeffy wrote:are all the component parts in the kit separate for install?

... also i have not seen any packaging but apparently it is lovely? any updates from those who have purchased?

My order from Bike24 came in the full Shimano box and all components were separate, so you can set up calipers how you want.

Only thing 'missing' from the kit was the bleed cup and gear cable outers.

Gavin929

by Gavin929

anyone know if the new br-rs785 calipers are the same color as the previous? do they match the ultegra group or the dura ace group better? the original seemed to be the same color as ultegra but the newer version seems darker and more likely to match the dura ace...

kingkongsfinger

by kingkongsfinger

Gavin929 wrote:anyone know if the new br-rs785 calipers are the same color as the previous? do they match the ultegra group or the dura ace group better? the original seemed to be the same color as ultegra but the newer version seems darker and more likely to match the dura ace...

This is a close up of the br-rs785 caliper on my bike.

"I could have done this job myself in five minutes, but as things turned out I had to spend two days trying to find out why it had taken someone else three weeks to do it wrong."

elmar schrauth
Shop Owner

by elmar schrauth

I never hit the banjo with my heel. Tcx Advanced, xt or xtr brake, Rotor 140mm.

jeffy

by jeffy

seem a bit heavy.

might have to tune the weight a little

jeffy

by jeffy

foofighter wrote:How is the performance? Worth the wait/weight? Who's using 140mm rotors?

are people using 140mm or 160mm? and at what rider weight?

ms6073

by ms6073

I think in many instances, this is dictated more by the frameset. Like most of the open mold Chinese frames, the height of the post mounts on my IP-105-D are too tall for anything but 160mm are larger.
- Michael
"People should stop expecting normal from me... seriously, we all know it's never going to happen"

Nefarious86

by Nefarious86

140mm disc, organic pads 85kg rider + bike etc.18% hill repeats. After today I will be trying sintered pads to see they cook things any less, will also be asking Specialized if 160mm rotors fall within waranty specs.
Using Tapatalk