Truvativ FP-30 Bottom Bracket

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Krull

by Krull

Hi,
i think about replacing my rotor-3D-p2max-pm with sram red quarq-pm.

very happy with reliability of the rotor-system incl. 4624 bottom bracket. but sram would save some weight.

any experiences about reliability of the truvativ fp-30 bottom bracket? comparable to rotor fp 4624 or 4630?
thanks, regards,

http://www.competitivecyclist.com/sram- ... om-bracket

ms6073

by ms6073

I think the Rotor bottom bracket is a better quality product. Now I say that having no recent experience, but a couple years back when I tried to mount a SRM Hollowgram on a Ridley X-Night, I initially opted for the SRAM PF-30, but after install and before putting the chain back on, the drag from the external seals was very significant - cranks would barely complete two revolutions. I tried removing the external seals but that message up the spacing so I opted for the Cannondale PF-30 kit with alloy cups instead.
- Michael
"People should stop expecting normal from me... seriously, we all know it's never going to happen"

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Krull

by Krull

Hi,
that seems to be a common problem with sram pf 30 bottom bracket.
ok, 100 gramm more or less, whatever, i think i stay with rotor, as the phrase goes: never change a runnig system.
thanks, regards

Krull

by Krull

I am quite surprised, that there seem to be no experiences at all with this bottom bracket-but i decided anyway, dont want any trouble with this pressfit-crap.

goodboyr

by goodboyr

Well, your question was quite specific and asked for a compare. I can't answer that since I have no experience with the rotors, but I've used the standard SRAM pf30 bb's in a number of installs with no issues. All bb's are the same if there's no issues. ( within small fractions of watts). The key important issue is install. Follow instructions methodically, use the appropriate press tool method, loctite and activator etc.

Krull

by Krull

goodboyr wrote:Well, your question was quite specific and asked for a compare. I can't answer that since I have no experience with the rotors, but I've used the standard SRAM pf30 bb's in a number of installs with no issues.

thanks for experience-report! :D

for the avoidance of misunderstanding: i am interested in all experiences with truvativ fp-30 bottom bracket, not only in comparison to rotor.

thanks, best regards,

found this on youtube:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ppoFQGHWkcY

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

goodboyr

by goodboyr

Too much squeeze on the wavy washer will do that.