Kenesis racelight 4s

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Gardengnome

by Gardengnome

Hello all this is my first post but i have read the forum for a while.

I am looking for some advice from you guys that have the experience. I am looking at frame the kenesis racelight 4s but the sizings have me confused, i am 5ft9 176cm and would normally go for a bike with a 54 tt but kenesis 54 bike has quite a long top tube of 55.6 with a 15cm headtube. The next size down is a 51cm with a 54.5 top tube and 12.5cm headtube but is quoted for people with a height of 5ft8 or smaller.

What would you go for?

http://www.kinesisbikes.co.uk/technical/racelight/4s

Cheers.

Ravnsnaes

by Ravnsnaes

I am 176cm. as well, and I had a Kinesis TK2 with (the same geometry) for 4 years. Just get a shorter stem, if you don't want to have a stretched position. You might also want to consider the Ribble Sportive 365 frame, which has a 15cm. headtube and a TT of just under 55cm. It's the same sort of frame as the Kinesis 4S, but made from carbon and thus much lighter, while costing about the same.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

MattSoutherden

by MattSoutherden

I was looking at the 4S recently. One thing to take in to account is that the Tracer fork is 380mm a/c to accommodate bigger rubber and guards. You should look at stack/reach compared to your current setup rather than HT length.
Snacking on carrot sticks - Where did it all go so wrong?
-
Finsbury Park CC

brearley

by brearley

this is my KINESIS size 54 at 5 9 I'm the same height as you. The 51 would look silly with your height.

Gardengnome

by Gardengnome

Looks really nice built up! just had my parts arrive today but the company i ordered the frame from took the money without saying the bike is out of stock which is a bit crap!