Cervelo RCA Crankset Options for Campagnolo Groupset

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

goodboyr

by goodboyr

Sedluk: Can you be more specific on where this problem is. I've got a set and compared to the standard SRAM pf30 cups they look the same dimensionally.

prebsy

by prebsy

I know there is a lot of FSA hate here but their bbright specific K-force is a very light crank that eliminates all spacers/adapters and is group-set neutral. My standard 172.5 came in at 407g sans rings, when you consider that you can run the stock BB and not have a big hang over on NDS it's a very attractive package.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

sedluk

by sedluk

Sedluk: Can you be more specific on where this problem is. I've got a set and compared to the standard SRAM pf30 cups they look the same dimensionally.

I don't see a dimension for the XD-15 on the Enduro web site. If you look at the picture you will see that the XD-15 bearings have a fancy built in bearing seal. That might be great in some applications. You have no choice about the bearing seal and if you have room for a bearing seal, great. If you do not have room for a bearing seal they will not fit.

When you install the THM BB, the drive side bearing is outboard and you don't have much extra room for spacers or bearing seals. Or at least many times you do not.

With a SRAM BB, both bearings are inside the frame, you would usually use an 11mm spacer on the drive side, fine, now use a smaller spacer with the XD-15. But what about the non-drive side? You can go ahead and use the XD-15 and use an even smaller space on the drive side but now you have shifted the crank over and no longer have the same chain line.

goodboyr

by goodboyr

Understood. Thanks for the detailed info.