POC octal

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

CBJ

by CBJ

Why not get it from an online store that offers free return shipping?

I have a pretty narrow head and my POC Trabec fits me much better than my Giro Ionos.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

nfecyle

by nfecyle

Just got back from random visit bike shop in norcal, check out summit bicycle in burlinggame. The carry poc helmets and jerseys. It is pretty nice bike shop.

addictR1

by addictR1

CBJ.. I thought about doing that through Amazon.. but will use that as last resort.

nfecyle: thx. Well go check then out there. I went to the one in los gatos last weekend and they didn't have it. :(

djconnel

by djconnel

Palo Alto Bicycles has them in: Palo Alto a few blocks down University @ High from the train station.

The owner showed me his demo version, which I loved, but the US-certified for-sale versions were over 50 grams heavier, so I ordered mine from Britain. It came in at claimed weight, and I love it: the fit on my head is fantastic, and wrap-around design appears to me to be better for safety. On my to-do list is to make a plastic cover for it (like Hermida's video).

uraqt

by uraqt

Not sure there are two models anymore, all the online pix are showing the US/heavy version.

I think even the Garmin guys, are using the US version.

C

addictR1

by addictR1

djconnel: wow.. i didn't know there was two different versions. when you ordered from britian, which site did you go through and did you have to deal with import tax? also, u got a link for Hermida's video you mentioned about?

danbjpa

by danbjpa

i think the video that he mentioned is:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=MegCpZVvotA

Enviado do meu iPhone usando Tapatalk

bikewithnoname

by bikewithnoname

I finally got around to trying one of these on at the weekend. Sad to say it makes me look like Super Mushroom from Mario Bros such a huge helmet!!
"We live in an age when unnecessary things are our only necessities." Oscar Wilde

addictR1

by addictR1

I thought they looked much better on me compared to the giro air attack. :) the specialized acehlon I have now makes me look like a super mushroom. Lol

danbjpa

by danbjpa

Mario Bros has a italian look!... and the mushrooms is a true doping powerful in the game! hehe

mdeth1313

by mdeth1313

Had to revive this-- I was considering purchasing the Octal but their colors are just weird. Anyone have any idea how close to black their navy/black color is?
Speedplay is the devil!

Fixie82

by Fixie82

It's fairly dark - I would say it's closer to black than navy, although when next to black you can clearly see the difference.

mdeth1313

by mdeth1313

Anyone know what's normal as far as the color of the helmet fading. I have their "unobtanium yellow" helmet and in less than 8 mos it's yellow is definitely not obtainable anymore. Contacted POC with a picture and they've ignored the email.
Speedplay is the devil!

addictR1

by addictR1

i got the neon orange one.. since they have it with MIPS. now my mates can see me from far away..

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com