Gxp bb for Scott Foil

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Peter_E

by Peter_E

Just got a Foil 40 completel with Shimano 105. Going to move Sram Red groupset to that frame. Crankset is gxp. What bb do I need? Have a pressfit bb already that I got with some SRM cranks. Is it the right one? See pic.Image

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

highdraw

by highdraw

Shimano 105 and GXP crank have the same spindle length and O.D.

Scott Foil has BB86 which is 86mm wide and 41mm I.D.

To confirm if the BB will fit your Foil, you need to take calipers and measure the OD of it. If is is 46mm it won't fit. If it is 41mm it is the right one for BB86. It is labeled GXP so it has the correct bearing ID for your GXP crank.

bikerjulio

by bikerjulio

Shimano 105 and GXP crank have the same spindle length and O.D.

Not quite correct.

Shimano spindles are 24mm all the way along.

GXP spindles are reduced from 24mm dia to 22mm dia at the NDS end. The "shoulder" on the spindle acts as a stop, and when tightened the NDS crank is clamped to the bearing.

If your bearing fits the frame - then you are good to go. If not there are BB's available for GXP in a BB86 frame.
There's sometimes a buggy.
How many drivers does a buggy have?

One.

So let's just say I'm drivin' this buggy...
and if you fix your attitude you can ride along with me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GekiIMh4ZkM

highdraw

by highdraw

thanks for the clarification bj. bj is correct OP. The GXP BB you show has a 22mm dia on the non drive side and is 24mm on the drive or chainring side of the crank. If the BB measures 41 mm for outside diameter, then is will fit your BB86. Make sure that you orient the 22mm diameter bearing ID on the non drive side when installing if determined to be the correct BB for your Foil.

Peter_E

by Peter_E

Thanks guys. Lbs pressed the cups in place. Realize now that I do not have any seals or wavy washer. Some googling indicate that there should be? Like the seals on a standard external gxp bb?

Peter_E

by Peter_E

Got it sorted.

Zigmeister

by Zigmeister

Wheels manufacturer has a real nice BB for this setup with all sorts of bearing options. Aliminum kcnc inner...real nice. Yes pricey, but angular bearings etc.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com