sram red 22 crankset on bbright frame

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

vtspot

by vtspot

@sawyer, thank you very much for your response. Glad to hear positive feedback on G3. Still can't make up my mind which option to take. G3 or Stages are less expensive powermeter and allows me to choose lighter crankset, which does not cost a bomb to my wallet. Reading all the feedback will really scare me a bit in getting those G3 or Stages. Guess every products have their own limitations.

dunbar42

by dunbar42

If you go with custom built wheels the Powertap G3 hub only adds about 80g. That is, unless you buy really expensive boutique hubs with titanium in them. That's pretty competitive with the additional weight of crank based power. Stages is the lightest but is left-leg only.

The main advantage to crank based power is that it doesn't lock you into one wheel set. Power2Max is pretty competitive if you want crank based power. If you have more than one bike wheels are easier to swap than cranks. You won't want to ride without power once you get it. There is no perfect solution so at some point you just need to pull the trigger and buy one.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com