11 speed non-Campag chains for Campagnolo 11?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

kgt

by kgt

or... Chorus chain + KMC link

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

rosuch

by rosuch

KMC X11sl with Campy 11, shifts beautifully.

AptosBigRing
in the industry

by AptosBigRing

Hi all,
Adam from Praxis here.
Just wanted to chime in as a few on this thread have emailed us with questions about this.

Praxis + Campy 10/11sp - Our Cold Forged ring sets are fully compatible with Campy 10 or 11 chains and drivetrains. That is for either mechanical or EPS setups. The rings are *not* for Camy's BCD, but rather a traditional 5-arm crank...ala FSA/ROTOR/Specialized/Cannondale/Quarq... We do highly suggest Campy/KMC/Shimano chains with our rings as they work the best with our tooth profiles. Campy customers are a large part of our business.

In regard to a statement that "Front shift will be degraded with the Praxis rings in any case," we have to respectfully disagree as we have thousands of customers using our rings with Campy and shifting is spot on. Baring some other issue/oddity in a customers drivetrain, shifting will be spot on and as good as Campy.

If any questions go ahead and email them to us here in our Santa Cruz HQ at info@praxis-works.com.
We're glad to help and or answer questions.

Hope that helps!
Adam@Praxis
Praxis Works
Manufacturer
Santa Cruz, CA
www.praxis-works.com

boysa

by boysa

+1 Adam. I'm running a SRAM crank (because of my Quarq Elsa), Praxis 53-39 rings, Campy Chorus 11 front derailleur, Record rear derailleur... Campagnolo chain with a KMC 11 missing link... and the shifting is lightning fast, reliable, and smooth.

Can't get much more of a mixed bag than this. Oh, wait, it's also GXP installed into a BB30 using a Wheels Mfg. adapter!
"Deserve's got nothing to do with it." William Munny

spookyload

by spookyload

I installed the Look Zed Praxis rings with my record 11 drivetrain. Shifting up front is spot on.

ferrarista

by ferrarista

There is also wipperman that came out with the 11 speed connector.
██

boysa

by boysa

Any experience with it? I've been using the KMC for years, originally with 10spd and for the last 4+ years on 11spd. They make cleaning the drivetrain a piece of cake, which I believe ultimately results in more miles and less $$.
"Deserve's got nothing to do with it." William Munny

ultimobici
in the industry

by ultimobici

boysa wrote:Any experience with it? I've been using the KMC for years, originally with 10spd and for the last 4+ years on 11spd. They make cleaning the drivetrain a piece of cake, which I believe ultimately results in more miles and less $$.
until you have to replace your front mech.