BMC SLR Seat Posts - Straight?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Devon

by Devon

I'm currently riding with the stock seatpost that came with my SLR02. Now I'm under the impression that BMC design their seatposts to work with the compliance and whatnot of the frame. However, the 25mm setback is starting to cause a few issues and I'd like to try something smaller, or straight. Do BMC make such a creature or will I have to go after-market? I have a feeling I've seen it in the past (maybe on here) but I can't find anything of the sort now.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

dereksmalls

by dereksmalls

Does the SLR02 run a round seatpost? I have an SLR01 with their square seatpost in zero setback so I'd say they would do it in the round. Ask your local dealer

Devon

by Devon

Round. Standard 27.2mm

Not sure I have a local dealer but will have a look - that's a good suggestion, thanks!

Oswald

by Oswald

If it's a standard 27,2 I would just get whatever brand / model is on sale. You can't go wrong with Ritchey, and there's always a couple of online retailers that have them on sale.
Although I do like my BMC GF01 seatpost. It's light, comfy and superstrong.

Devon

by Devon

Oh definitely. I have no qualms with going third party, however I would prefer a legit part, if available, as they are supposed to work with the frame well.

Would be happy to go Deda or ITM with matching stem and bars though... 8)

dereksmalls

by dereksmalls

Devon wrote:Not sure I have a local dealer but will have a look - that's a good suggestion, thanks!

Evans Cycles are the UK distributer so I'm sure they could help you out

kx_1

by kx_1

BMC makes also a +18mm setback 215706 for the round seat post and also you can use the 0mm 215577 that they sell with their MTB series.
My Builds so far... C50,EPS Erik Zabel, C59 Di2.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Devon

by Devon

dereksmalls wrote:Evans Cycles are the UK distributer so I'm sure they could help you out

Oh I know, thanks. I was just getting at the fact I live in the middle of nowhere and there isn't a 'local' Evans :P

kx_1 wrote:BMC makes also a +18mm setback 215706 for the round seat post and also you can use the 0mm 215577 that they sell with their MTB series.

Ah, perfect! Thanks!