Park CT 4.2 chain tool

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Frankie13

by Frankie13

Campy 11s user here who will make the switch to DI2 9070.
I always used the CT-4.2 park tool to replace my Campy 11s chain and the Park CT-11 for the connecting pin. I was reading that the new Park CT-4.3 will do both brake/shorten and also connect the two chain ends with the supplied pin. Shouldn't the CT-4.2 tool I have work for the Dura Ace 11s chain as well? The CT 11 used for the connecting pin will probably not work with the Shimano pin, but if I use a KMC missing link shouldn't I be able to keep using my CT-4.2 tool to shorten the Shimano 11s chain ?
Thanks for reading and comments would be appreciateed.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Briscoelab

by Briscoelab

The 4.2 will work just fine with Shimano 11. You don't need to peen a shimano chain, so there is no need for the 4.3 or the CT-11.

The 4.2 will shorten your chain and allow you to press the 11 speed shimano pin in with no issues.

You're of course welcome to use a missing link connector if so desired.

kode54

by kode54

i've switched to using KMC's missing link for all my chains. the cost of the Campy chain tool and connector pins are enough to steer you clear away.
- Factor Ostro VAM Disc
- Factor LS Disc
- Specialized Aethos Disc
- Sturdy Ti Allroad Disc
- Guru Praemio R Disc

maxxevv

by maxxevv

If you're willing to spend so much as on the Campy chain tool, would suggest getting the Rohloff Revolver III chaintool instead.

Its a real quality piece that does so much more. And it still costs less than the Campy one !

random101

by random101

I have a lezyne chain breaker Do not recommend it... if it's slightly miss aligned game over... and there is nothing to stop the chain from riding up when applying the force of the pin (can be very very tricky)

I'm considering going back to SRAM any thoughts?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Briscoelab

by Briscoelab

I've found the park tools excellent. I use the CT 3.2 and like it better than the 4 series.