Help me pick a new bike? Dogma f8?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

wingguy

by wingguy

ianSWBB wrote:so for example - Team Sky, riding Pinarello - want something good at handling steady power of 400W+ for 30+ minutes of climbing - the dogma series has proven great at achieving this

whereas, when it was needed to cope with 1500w of power for 10 seconds (Cav sprinting), then it wasn't so good

On the flip side, the S-Works Venge is not great at long steady power efforts, but is fantastic at massive short sharp bursts!!!

That makes no sense. How is a bike that isn't as good at 'handling' 1500w going to be better at handling 400w? And it what way did the Dogma let Cavendish down? Who told you it wasn't as good? Not that it means anything but his year at Sky had better results than since moving back to a Spesh team.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Zigmeister

by Zigmeister

Just some reality here, no pro has a 1500w 20sec avg. not sure even a top track rider has tah or even close.

Greipel has a 950 w approx 20sec avg. 1600w peak. I have a 960+w 20sec sprint avg. lower peak, 1200-1300w. Greipels PM files are all over the web if you dont believe.

Anyway, the F8 is a beautiful bike. Cross between a foil with truncated tubes, plus a few traditional things, like wider forks etc along with a good aero stiffness, weight ride quality.

With that said, the price isnt justified IMO. There is no mythical qualities, besides the name, you are getting. But if thats your thing, go for it. Surely you wont be diassapointed.

joseph42s

by joseph42s

You are right....I went back and forth and pretty much tried everything. At the end of the day I wanted this bike so that is why I pulled the trigger.

justkeepedaling

by justkeepedaling

Good choice of bike. Absolutely nothing you would need more. Personally, I far prefer it to the standard Dogma

spdntrxi

by spdntrxi

anything that makes you wanna go out and ride... is the right bike.
2024 BMC TeamMachine R Building
2018 BMC TImeMachine Road
2002 Moots Compact-SL- getting aero look makeover
2019 Parlee Z0XD - "classified"
2023 Pivot E-Vault - completed project, full Xplr package

Permon

by Permon

spdntrxi wrote:anything that makes you wanna go out and ride... is the right bike.

+100

joseph42s

by joseph42s

Here is the bike! I have not weighed it yet as I do not have a scale (other then home scale). The bike is sweet. I ended up with the 55cm f8 after going back and forth with the bike fitter etc. I was on a Madone that was to big and so I maybe cautioned to the smaller side of things, but with some tweaks the bike is coming into its own. Next one will probably be a 56cm. For now Rocking a 120 stem and getting use to the more aggressive position. [img]<iframe%20class="imgur-album"%20width="100%"%20height="550"%20frameborder="0"%20src="//imgur.com/a/wja2D/embed"></iframe>[/img]

joseph42s

by joseph42s

I can not figure out how to upload images. http://imgur.com/a/wja2D

Permon

by Permon

Nice. How does it ride?
The frameset deserves better wheel :wink:

ricey155

by ricey155

Quick new PIC in the big ring :) nice a few more please ?

Sent from my 16gb Mi Pad (it works)

mulletmaster

by mulletmaster

Nicer looking than the last model for sure.

joseph42s

by joseph42s

Re: Wheels.
These ride pretty nice. Most people say they want a good set of training wheels. I will probably get some Carbon Wheels soon enough, but in order for me to get the bike now I went with this build. So Far loving the bike. It is stiffer and really compliant. The biggest difference for me is the downhill speed. It begs to be pushed in the corners. My Confidence is up %50 from the madone. It just really rides like its on rails. I think maybe I need to add more comments before I can add pics.

For now Here is the build List
Shimano DA everything0 52/36 11/28
Pioneer Power Meter and Computer (still getting used to it)
Hed Ardens Wheelset-Sworks 24c tires
Most/Pro Jaguar Bars and Stem ( although waiting for a 120m version of the stem so for now running a felt 120).

Also ditched that seat the bike shop put on. Went back to my Bontrager for the moment, but will probably go with an Anatares when I get a chance to get back to the shop. We had our new baby Saturday night so I am on house duty for a bit. I will take some more pics and at least post the links.

joseph42s

by joseph42s

Try this. I guess I have to upgrade imgur to show smaller photos. Not time or money for that right now. :)

http://joseph42s.imgur.com/
Last edited by joseph42s on Mon Nov 03, 2014 8:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kgt

by kgt

joseph42s wrote:The biggest difference for me is the downhill speed. It begs to be pushed in the corners. My Confidence is up %50 from the madone. It just really rides like its on rails.

That is something common in many hi-end Italian bikes. They feel 'planted' on the tarmac.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com