Campy V2 battery with Trek SpeedConcept?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

GASer

by GASer

Hey,

Anyone managed to fit a Campagnolo V2 battery inside a Trek SpeedConcept frame? Apparently the battery is half a millimeter fatter than the seat tube.

Thanks,

D.
Trek SpeedConcept 9.9 Project One, Basso Diamante SV, DeRosa SK (sold), Orbea Orca Gold 6430gr, Orbea Aqua, Tommasini Tecno, FM-066SL 6480gr, Kinesis RaceLight T2, Trek Superfly 100, Orbea Alma 29, Specialized Enduro S-Works 29, KTM EXC-250

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

audiophilitis

by audiophilitis

Not familiar with your frame but if you can slide a 27.2mm seatpost into the ST, there's a very high probability that the V2 will fit. Only other potential issue is the bottle cage bosses -- some extend past the depth of the slot on the V2.

fishyskawa

by fishyskawa

What size is the frame?

audiojan

by audiojan

I have the same struggle right now with my wife's new Cervelo P3… It looks like the battery will have to be mounted externally (just can't figure out any place for it…)
"Suddenly the thought struck me; my floor is someone elses ceiling" - Nils Ferlin

FIJIGabe

by FIJIGabe

There's got to be a way, given that Trek Factory Racing triathlon team uses Campag components on their frames. You may actually want to contact Trek through their website and ask them. They've usually responded to my questions within 48 hours.

GASer

by GASer

Well, decided to trim the battery casing a little bit, but enough to have it slip in the seat tube. Then it was fixed to the bottle cage bosses internally using the appropriate Campy hardware. The outcome is very clean and works fine.

Trek SpeedConcept 9.9 Project One, Basso Diamante SV, DeRosa SK (sold), Orbea Orca Gold 6430gr, Orbea Aqua, Tommasini Tecno, FM-066SL 6480gr, Kinesis RaceLight T2, Trek Superfly 100, Orbea Alma 29, Specialized Enduro S-Works 29, KTM EXC-250

audiophilitis

by audiophilitis

Well done! For me, if the frame would not accommodate internal mounting of the power unit, I'd go with the mechanical SR.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com