LOOK 695 and Garmin Vector pedals

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

slick1

by slick1

Whether it's 50T or 53T wouldn't make a difference. Hhhmmmm. Might have to loo at other Power Meter options

qqstars

by qqstars

It indeed the issue for ZED2 with Vector.

But actually the Vector almost the only one who can support 695 system.

The issue is, 695 ZED2 crank width is 15mm and small Vector pod support 12-15mm width crankset. Seem good? No. The ZED2 metal round-triangle things that connected with padel axiel will make the crank width became more than 15mm around 16mm. So the small pod soft connection band CANNOT touch the axiel well.

The solution is, sanding the metal round-triangle inner side (the side that indicate L and R) within 1-2mm out. After that, the indicator L and R will not visible and the width of crank arm will not changed, then the vector can works fine.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

luckypuncheur

by luckypuncheur

But that doesn't fix the clearance issue between the crank and the chain (which is below the recommended 5 mm).
Get a bicycle. You will certainly not regret it, if you live.

spdntrxi

by spdntrxi

luckypuncheur wrote:But that doesn't fix the clearance issue between the crank and the chain (which is below the recommended 5 mm).

that clearance won't be the same for every bike... and if you have 2.5-3mm you are good.
2024 BMC TeamMachine R Building
2018 BMC TImeMachine Road
2002 Moots Compact-SL- getting aero look makeover
2019 Parlee Z0XD - "classified"
2023 Pivot E-Vault - completed project, full Xplr package

slick1

by slick1

spdntrxi wrote:
luckypuncheur wrote:But that doesn't fix the clearance issue between the crank and the chain (which is below the recommended 5 mm).

that clearance won't be the same for every bike... and if you have 2.5-3mm you are good.

Well said @spdntrxi

I've had my vector pedals on my LOOK 695 for well over 1000km and they haven't missed a beat. I torqued them up with the proper tool and my torque wrench and the work perfect. The Garmin found them straight away, calibrated and off I go...

slick1

by slick1

qqstars wrote:It indeed the issue for ZED2 with Vector.

But actually the Vector almost the only one who can support 695 system.

The issue is, 695 ZED2 crank width is 15mm and small Vector pod support 12-15mm width crankset. Seem good? No. The ZED2 metal round-triangle things that connected with padel axiel will make the crank width became more than 15mm around 16mm. So the small pod soft connection band CANNOT touch the axiel well.

The solution is, sanding the metal round-triangle inner side (the side that indicate L and R) within 1-2mm out. After that, the indicator L and R will not visible and the width of crank arm will not changed, then the vector can works fine.

I didn't do any grinding/sanding. I put the pods on without any issues and have worked perfect.