Campy 2015 dilemma...

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Butcher
Shop Owner

by Butcher

FWIW I too use the Parlee PF30 Campagnolo UT cups and have no noises. Praxis was not an option at the time but i most likely would have chosen Parlee since they were the lighter option.

stormur

by stormur

OT was in consideration, however it's in "old" design :( and suppliers won't swap cranks …. So I will stick with UT 4arm design crank . I use usually Loctite 648 ( bit stronger than 608 ) - so hope for best.

I decide to change for Campy my CX bike as well, so maybe will find 36-46/8 OT crank for it ? ( will be "old" 11spd Chorus there, and same PF30 bb shell ) .
Go to Heaven for the climate, Hell for the company.
Mark Twain

I can be wrong, and have plenty of examples for that ;)

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

bm0p700f
in the industry

by bm0p700f

Campagnolo have dropped the CX chainset for 2015. No more 46/34T chainset from Campagnolo. They seem to getting out of CX specific parts. No more canti's and disc brake offering. Maybe teams no longer use there kit in CX.

stormur

by stormur

with lack of cx crank i can live - have Rotor crank :) just some thought to have "homogenic" drivetrain.
Mark Twain

ferrarista

by ferrarista

Butcher wrote:FWIW I too use the Parlee PF30 Campagnolo UT cups and have no noises. Praxis was not an option at the time but i most likely would have chosen Parlee since they were the lighter option.

The Parlee cups are very good too since they are deeper than the campy ones. As for weight, the Parlee cups are only 9 grams less than the praxis BB. For peace of mind praxis is the better option now.
██

stormur

by stormur

Any idea where in EU buy Praxis ? ( had similar solution on Crux ( Rotor BB ) - worked perfectly - just install and forget :) , so just "in case" Praxis will be "rescue choice" nr 1.
Mark Twain

stormur

by stormur

"support" - small "device" which works same as Shimano bolt+plate on new fd to support leverage/ stiffness ( longer arm, higher forces )
Mark Twain

Butcher
Shop Owner

by Butcher

Buying Praxis in EU was not possible with another member. PM me and I can assist you if needed.

ferrarista

by ferrarista

stormur wrote:Any idea where in EU buy Praxis ? ( had similar solution on Crux ( Rotor BB ) - worked perfectly - just install and forget :) , so just "in case" Praxis will be "rescue choice" nr 1.

There is a seller from UK that sells them on ebay.
██