Garmin mount for aero road bars (not TT bars!)

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

duckson

by duckson

Weighing up what new bike to buy and while the Canyon CF SLX is on the list so is the new Aeroad.
I've noticed the handlebars on the Aeroad are aero (ovalised) in shape and i assume the normal Garmin Out Front mount wont fit as its for standard 31.8mm bars (assuming aero are fatter than 31.8mm, they are obviously not 31.8mm tall, there is no dimensions on the Canyon website however).

Anyone got aero road bars and use a Garmin mount out front of the handlebars, if so what?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

bfno

by bfno

I guess until someone comes out with something smart, you'll have to deal with this:

Venge | Shiv TT | Langster | Dogma 60.1 | CruX | Aeroad CF SLX (WIP)

DuncanS

by DuncanS

I'd suggest asking Raceware Direct if they can do a model with a band that fits (if they haven't already). The mounting band is quite flexible and it's 3d printed, so they maybe able to do it.

rjk8

by rjk8

R.J.
Some people tune their car, I prefer to tune my bike.
http://ilcappellino.blogspot.com/

rjk8

by rjk8

He sells them here.
http://edge-mount.bike/
R.J.
Some people tune their car, I prefer to tune my bike.
http://ilcappellino.blogspot.com/

kirgis1

by kirgis1

Hello,

I have been to the listed web site and don't see a option for the Zipp SL Sprint stem. I don't see a place to ask a question or send a message to see if this will be an option in the future or maybe I'm just not seeing one?

He sells them here.

edge-mount.bike

Thanks for any help!!!

Kayrehn

by Kayrehn

I'll grab one for the SL sprint stem in a heartbeat if I can get to them too!

arthurf

by arthurf

I have the Sprint SL stem on order and using a standard K Edge mount which I guess will give similar problems when installing. Have you considered/tried the K Edge XL mount? It may look slightly odd but I don't like the Sram mount where it positions the Garmin above the level of the bars

Kayrehn

by Kayrehn

If the bars don't a wide enough rounded mounting area, mounting a metal mount like the k-edge will make it cut into the bars. The sram mount that I'm using now will flex to accomodate the ovalised shape and yet doesn't tilt the unit too much. Mounting the unit above the stem is not ideal for me too but that had the advantage of allowing me space to remove and install the unit.

kirgis1

by kirgis1

I am currently using the barfly 2.0 on the sl sprint which is working but would love to have one that attaches to the front stem.

ictus

by ictus

I have the Zipp SL-70 aero with a 3T ARXII team stem. There is enough room on either side of the stem mount to use the garmin "out ahead" mount. I could probably even fit two of them on a side.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com