Stages Battery indication

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Frankie13

by Frankie13

Wow, after reading all this makes me wonder to better get another Rotor 3D+ with a P2M S type Powermeter instead of DA9070 with Stages. P2M S works flawless on my Canyon CF.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

dha

by dha

For a good news story on Stages I have had mine (supplied with the updated battery door and the red o-ring seal) since early this year. Road on cobbles in Belgium and in very very wet conditions in this year's Ride London event. No issues with battery drain, I have replaced the battery once on the unit and that was prior to the very wet ride, so it resealed fine and hasn't appear to let any water in.

I did have a calibration issue once, it lost connection whilst trying to calibrate and then wouldn't re-pair with my Edge 510. I had to reset the Edge before it would pair up.

However it has been flawless other than that.

glepore

by glepore

kulivontot wrote:The calibration with garmin is also busted. Stages recommends disconnecting all other ant+ sensors before attempting cal. Which means you should wait to pair your HRM until after calibrating stages. Or just always do it through the iPhone app.

It appears this may be narrowed down to it not calibrating when it looks for an ant+ hrm that's not there. I just toggle the hrm off if I'm not wearing it.
Cysco Ti custom Campy SR mechanical (6.9);Berk custom (5.6); Serotta Ottrott(6.8) ; Anvil Custom steel Etap;1996 Colnago Technos Record

Lightweenie

by Lightweenie

Hello just wanted to reply that I had four more rides - that is about 350km in total, and there was no problem at all. So it is a mystery what really had caused this...

Thanks all for the interesting responses anyway!

ANV

by ANV

Did you follow these guidelines? http://support.stagescycling.com/suppor ... -head-unit

helped me.

ricey155

by ricey155

Good read the battery issue was the only thing made me buy the power2max instead of the stages - I hope you and they get it sorted (maybe a firmware update)

Sent from my 16gb Mi Pad (it works)