best shifter/front D combo for osymetric

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

prebsy

by prebsy

I've had a bit of experience across a number of different groupsets with osymetric rings. I was wondering what everyone's best setup has been for running these tricky little beasts? Also all the chain catchers I've used have seemed to be too short to catch a chain if it drops off at the smallest area of the ring. I'm thinking of going a full yaw setup but the thought of losing that trim and getting even more chain rub would not be cool.

For me:
Campy- decent shifting, best at eliminating chain rub with all the trim points
Di2- good strong shifts but impossible to get rid of the chain rub since you can't manually trim (drove me up a wall)
Sram non-yaw shifter/yaw FD- good strong shifts but just not enough trim options

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

natefontaine

by natefontaine

I've been quite happy with Shimano 6800. Shifting is quick, the chain does rub on the inside of the front mech, but only on the plastic bit, which I guess is what it's designed to do. Im using the new 2014 rings 52/38 with ramps and pins, on SiSL cranks.

NiFTY

by NiFTY

I think you will struggle to run a YAW fd with no rub as running q rings and yaw is tricky and o-symmetric are much more aggressively non-round.
Evo 4.9kg SL3 6.64kg Slice RS 8.89kg viewtopic.php?f=10&t=110579" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;