ENVE road bars actual width?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

llhh

by llhh

Hi guys,

I just purchased new ENVE compact road handlebars in 42cm width. To my surprise they measure exactly 440mm from centre to centre, although the label on the bars claim they're 42cm.

I have a slightly WTF situation at hand so I'm curious how other 42cm bars actually measure up? Any ENVE bar users out there?

Cheers.
Parlee Z1 Super Record
Dogma F Red AXS

boots2000

by boots2000

Do they measure at the hoods?
I ran into a similar issue with Fizik bars- ordered 42cm and when I got them I was like WTF? These are wide???

llhh wrote:Hi guys,

I just purchased new ENVE compact road handlebars in 42cm width. To my surprise they measure exactly 440mm from centre to centre, although the label on the bars claim they're 42cm.

I have a slightly WTF situation at hand so I'm curious how other 42cm bars actually measure up? Any ENVE bar users out there?

Cheers.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

rmerka

by rmerka

Measured my 42c Enve standard bars. 42 at the hoods 44 at the drops both center to center. Enve measures their bars at the top where the shifters are mounted.
Last edited by rmerka on Thu Oct 02, 2014 12:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

kahoon

by kahoon

llhh wrote:Hi guys,

Cheers.

yes, i had a similar WTF situation too when i got mine (i'm used to 3T sizing). but to my surprise, after riding them for a week, i absolutely love the wider bars!

llhh

by llhh

Many thanks! Indeed I was measuring at the drops, so this explains. Also I have to say that ENVE's customer support is excellent - received a thorough explanation from them as well within an hour.

I will give the wide ones a spin then and see if I end up loving them as many seem to do, although I have been riding much narrower setups up to this point.

Cheers!
Parlee Z1 Super Record
Dogma F Red AXS