Sub 800 gram frames, $2500 or less

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

carhillclimb

by carhillclimb

So I am looking for a sub-800 gram frame for a project and can get for relatively cheap money a Ridley Helium, BH ultimate, or NeilPryde Bura SL.

Comments as to the best one assuming that any of them will fit me and the gearing solution I have in mind?

Any other thoughts in $2500 or less?

Also who besides Crumpton and Trek Emonda and Nerve Bikes are doing sub-700 gram frames?

Thanks,
Michael Wilson
Michael Wilson

rowdysluggins

by rowdysluggins

I like the looks of the Ridley Helium SL (I'm assuming you are looking at the SL), but I'm really fond of my first gen Addicts, and I think my next build might be the 2nd gen Addict SL. Unfortunately, they go for a little more $2500.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

darnellrm

by darnellrm

I highly recommend the Bura SL. I rode one this past season and it is the best frame I have ridden. Stiff and comfortable and my Large frame weighs 708g stripped! Easy to build a sub 12lb daily ride.

MisterMuncher

by MisterMuncher

Paul's Cycles have Supersix EVO hm frames at 1300 and 1500 GBP. Not sure if that'll hit your target after shipping though.

mnmasotto

by mnmasotto

I had a Burs SL in size medium which weighted 780 grams. I think the weight on these framesets varies quit a bit.

carhillclimb

by carhillclimb

mnmasotto -
What was your opinion of the Bura SL? Why did you get rid of it?
Michael Wilson

Denavelo

by Denavelo

I have a BMC SLR01. I initially wanted a Super Six Evo or Neilpryde Bura SL.

I'm curious about the Bura SL as I'm looking for a 12lb weight weenie build. My BMC comes in around high 13's.

Getting a Bura SL down to 11lb with Enve 1.25/Extralite wheels would be nice in the LA mountains.
Rob English "Mudfoot" 29er | Focus Izalco Max | Firefly #194 Stainless XCR | Firefly #277 | Neilpryde Bura SL 11.9 | Crust Evasion Lite

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Jere

by Jere

Denavelo wrote:I have a BMC SLR01. I initially wanted a Super Six Evo or Neilpryde Bura SL.

I'm curious about the Bura SL as I'm looking for a 12lb weight weenie build. My BMC comes in around high 13's.

Getting a Bura SL down to 11lb with Enve 1.25/Extralite wheels would be nice in the LA mountains.

Hi

I have about 1000 plus miles on a Bura SL it's stiff like a S Works and handles as well as a R3SL.
The S Works is gone but can not bear to let the R3SL leave the stable.
I hange around 140/150 lbs so the ability to run 25 mm plus tires is great.
I got it just below 13 lbs ready to ride standard build with RZR wheelset and 13 lbs plus with Madfibers.
If you look around you can get a great deal on a used one.
Jere B