Had to have these HEAVY Wheels! Just for the look! PROBLEM!

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Hbrown

by Hbrown

The wheels actually ride pretty good! They definetly ride solid, they are amazing at cancelling out road buzz. They are very responsive,They steer precise, With Vittoria open Corsa 3's a great combination.

But you will not use them for any kind of Crit or bike race.

They are perfect for timed events, you can use them in group rides, in a draft they are amazing! They do not come into their own until you get above 20mph. No sprinting! They spin up rather slow. Flats distances are what these were made for, not for hill climbs!

Downhills are FUN! I love them! No flex precise steering. Did I say they are great for downhills? They are amazing for downhills!

I am using these with 7900, 54/42 front, 12-27 rear, manual, I will be switching this bike to 9070 53/39 front, 12-28 rear. This will probably be better since this is a road bike.

They are fast! But I just can't find my sweet pedal with the current gearing. One thing I noticed. Since these wheels ride so solidly, and stiff, but not in a harsh way, you will definetly know when you have a flat, front especially. I got a front flat this morning.

On my Madfibers you will notice the flat but actually consider continue riding, On my Topolino's AX3.0 you have to look down before you realize that you have a flat. With these You will feel like all of a sudden you have hit ice! As in whoa, stand up, feather your brakes and come to a very controlled stop!

Bottom line, They are nice! Definate attention getter! Will draw a crowd! So if you want to remain incospicouse don't buy these! You will get noticed!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

VTBike

by VTBike

I'm kinda beside myself. Happy that poster is happy with his wheels.. but those are atrocious. They look like they should come on a plastic big-wheel, or my kids bikes. At least SPIN wheels (which i had too, and completely agree w/ the other poster!) were sleek and beautiful. These things... uhg.. wow.

kulivontot

by kulivontot

This is a whole lot of text for a ebay shill post. Borderline troll flag. Weight weenies definitely attracts the weirdos

Hbrown

by Hbrown

You are absolutely right. WW does attract some weidos. Some actually post their Mental states. Or lack of.

New products drive econimics. be they good or bad. We as consumers decide if we should purchase products, in this case wheels. I decided that I like the look of these wheels. I brought them, and have used them. And I am currently very happy with them. Last time I checked there are maybe 300 different types of wheels that are out there.

Giving us a wide range of choices. I chose these and others. You can also make the same choices as we all can, then write about them as I have done.

For every product out there, their are numerous other products that do the same things. Wheels roll. They support our weight. Some are wide, some are thin, some do it a little better than others. Word of mouth and posted opinions can give us consumers information. This information can be used in our decisions to make purchases.

Any information is good information. If I like something, I will tell others. With that they become informed. And guess what? Isn't this a forum? A place of discusion. A place where all kind of opinions can be expressed. And read.

I guess I am weird. I try things, I express my thoughts, I allow others to make judgements. My life is very comfortable because of this. Sometimes its good to be weird. My life is happy! How is yours?