fork use for colnago master?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

tttestarossa

by tttestarossa

quick question, I am thinking about buying a steel bike 2007 colnago master PR03, it doesnt come with the fork

I am currently using a 1 inch EC90 AERO on my Bianchi Ti roadbike

my friend strongly oppose me to use this fork on colnago, reason ( looks shitty when they come together.)

so, should I get a columbus 1 inch fork from Wxggle or get a colnago steel/carbon fork?

image below is the fork im using, it fits alrite with my bianchi

also how much weight difference if i use the colnago carbon/steel fork, my EC90 Aero (full carbon) is really really really light weight.

http://i.imgur.com/lAvwXIR.jpg
Last edited by tttestarossa on Wed Sep 24, 2014 8:47 am, edited 2 times in total.

campagnolo321

by campagnolo321

You have a great friend there, you should listen to him :D

Or more to the point, that fork will look very silly indeed on that frame, so much so that Ernesto will come and visit you in the dead of the night when you least expect it !

Please do the frame justice and fit the correct one, you know its the right thing to do.

Congrats for buying Colnago by the way, I 'm jealous !

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

HillRPete

by HillRPete

Most of the lightweight full carbon forks have quite beefy legs, that also holds for Colnago's own Star fork. Incidentially just the (regular/non aero) 1" Easton EC90 seems to be among the more svelte ones, but it's a hard find. Carbon forks with alloy or steel steerer hit a middle ground in terms of weight, and can easily be found online (e.g. the Origin8 one).

kgt

by kgt

IMHO a Colnago frame without a Colnago fork is worthless.

5 8 5

by 5 8 5

I can highly recommend the Columbus Minimal. I've been very impressed with mine. Very well made.

It certainly won't look out of place on your Colnago unlike your Easton but that's why you're asking the question isn't it :lol:

kbbpll

by kbbpll

According to WW listings the difference between the steel Precisa fork and the Colnago carbon ones is 300+ grams, so it's not a subtle difference. But are you getting a Master to make it a weight weenie? I don't like the look of Masters with carbon forks, but many people do - check the "pictures of Colnagos" thread in the Introduce Yourself topic. I agree with kgt.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

HillRPete

by HillRPete

kgt wrote:IMHO a Colnago frame without a Colnago fork is worthless.

There is some truth to that indeed.