Neat Di2 Routing on Shiv TT

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Zoro

by Zoro

The battery can be dropped down the seat tube with some bubble wrap and get the CG lower - if you care.

itsacarr

by itsacarr

Just to update on this:

http://www.etixx-quickstep.com/images/n ... 329172.jpg

Still no good photos but the quickstep (not sure about tinkoff) guys are definitely running their junction A boxes under their saddles. Which I imagine they are doing simply with 4 really long cables going all the way back from shifters with no extra junction box funny business. I just have to wonder what kind of drilling they had to do to run the wires through the stem and into the frame.
Just ride ..

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

grouk

by grouk

i have the classical setup 3 port junction box 1 long cable to the bb junction box battery with bubble wrap and the wwe ant+ in the seatpost tube, i have made home made spinter switchs and climb switchs that is connected in the sprinter switchs in the shifter port.
besides the fact that it is different where the advantage of changing the junction box of place

itsacarr

by itsacarr

dropped you a message grouk
Just ride ..

ParisCarbon

by ParisCarbon

Check your PM other forum..
Last edited by ParisCarbon on Sat Nov 14, 2015 3:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

itsacarr

by itsacarr

Sounds good.

In a friends Shiv, he used a heat knife to make holes into the guide cables and used those as well to wire the di2. That made things really simple. I have seen one Tinkof shiv that happened to wire the cables through the aerobar but the rest were as you mentioned external. The nicest would seem to be using the PRO missile bars like tony martin to get it all internal.

I really hope at some point they do an aftermarket fork just to have the brake internal. I realize this will make little difference on aero drag, it just annoys me they have neglected the bike for so long.

Although even that's understandable with the tiny numbers they sell of the frame anyway.

Just don't forget to take some photos :)
Just ride ..

ParisCarbon

by ParisCarbon

Hi,
Did you notice on the Tinkoff Shiv if they did what I mentioned, opening up the top tube and opening up the back of the stem? Its the only way I can think of to keep it all internal.. and all the junctions inside the toptube area...

As for the Missles.. thats what I would love to do, but since the shiv has that specific bar and stem the missle round doesn't fit... otherwise this would be SOO easy... seems like the Etixx guys have an aftermarket stem for their setup.. in a brief chat with a Tinkoff mechanic he said to me its very easy, just drill the holes.. he said when he had time he would give me some more info... so Im patiently waiting for that.. the other less attractive alternative would be to run a missle evo stem/missle bar combo... unfortuneately, the missle evo stem doesnt extend back far enough and you leave a large gap to the frame...

I think in any event to keep it all internal a slot needs to be cut at the front of the toptube behind the headtube, and then jam all you can in the stem..

Overall not that hard.. just need a steady hand with the dremel.. and take your time!!!!

itsacarr

by itsacarr

Check this out - one of the mechanics over at S working on a friends bike.

https://www.instagram.com/p/30QmxTIpki/ ... iamechanic

He has some other photos from a previous Shiv build with stock parts and a dremel that might give you some help as well.
Just ride ..

ParisCarbon

by ParisCarbon

Perfect more or less what I had planned.. Im just wondering where they are putting the 5 port...

I don't know why everyone keeps all this so top secret... you ask some of these guys through email and its like this I modded my Shiv TT module cult and not telling you a thing... :noidea:

itsacarr

by itsacarr

Mostly because all the people that are doing the modding (most not all) are working as employees or sponsor related mechanics and all of this voids the warranty. Explicitly told not to advocate doing such things :)

Personally my favorite placement for the 5 port junction box (on road bikes as well assuming you don't need immediate access to it while riding) is placing it under the saddle and routing everything backwards and extra B junctions.
Just ride ..

climber8

by climber8

ParisCarbon wrote:Perfect more or less what I had planned.. Im just wondering where they are putting the 5 port...

I don't know why everyone keeps all this so top secret... you ask some of these guys through email and its like this I modded my Shiv TT module cult and not telling you a thing... :noidea:

hey--i'll respond to this because you contacted me on 2 different forums (aside from this one).

i posted up what i did (which was to design and build a stem) and commented on your plans. you sent a number of long messages firing off lots of questions and asking for comments.

i'm happy to share information, and i think you know that i already provided some valuable info. i've also been very busy with some projects these past few days, so while i took time to write some detailed responses i couldn't reply to your most recent round. i need to get paid and to take care of my family, first.

that said, in not one of your messages did you include a 'thanks' or your first name. it has seemed quite...demanding. you may not intend to come across that way (i suspect not), but it's not very cordial, especially when asking someone to spend a fair bit of time for free.

i advised you that *i* would not drill the base bar, and that i came up with my solution (custom stem, which i've been racing since 2012) because i wanted to be able to run any base bar i chose. i tried all the other solutions like a pro missile stem (won't work, by the way).

good luck!

ParisCarbon

by ParisCarbon

Sorry for the confusion, check your PM on other forum!

climber8 wrote:
ParisCarbon wrote:Perfect more or less what I had planned.. Im just wondering where they are putting the 5 port...

hey--i'll respond to this because you contacted me on 2 different forums (aside from this one).

i posted up what i did (which was to design and build a stem) and commented on your plans. you sent a number of long messages firing off lots of questions and asking for comments.

i'm happy to share information, and i think you know that i already provided some valuable info. i've also been very busy with some projects these past few days, so while i took time to write some detailed responses i couldn't reply to your most recent round. i need to get paid and to take care of my family, first.

that said, in not one of your messages did you include a 'thanks' or your first name. it has seemed quite...demanding. you may not intend to come across that way (i suspect not), but it's not very cordial, especially when asking someone to spend a fair bit of time for free.

i advised you that *i* would not drill the base bar, and that i came up with my solution (custom stem, which i've been racing since 2012) because i wanted to be able to run any base bar i chose. i tried all the other solutions like a pro missile stem (won't work, by the way).

good luck!
Last edited by ParisCarbon on Sat Nov 14, 2015 3:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ParisCarbon

by ParisCarbon

True enough, voiding warranty is my choice though, they are just covering their own arses :D

itsacarr wrote:Mostly because all the people that are doing the modding (most not all) are working as employees or sponsor related mechanics and all of this voids the warranty. Explicitly told not to advocate doing such things :)

Personally my favorite placement for the 5 port junction box (on road bikes as well assuming you don't need immediate access to it while riding) is placing it under the saddle and routing everything backwards and extra B junctions.