Another either or... Look 695 Aerolight or S-Works Venge?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

wingguy

by wingguy

You know what, I am mistaken. I've just checked the manual and it's not 14nm, it's 15nm :smartass:

You are thinking of the C-stem on the old vanilla 695. The Aerostem that comes with (and is the only stem that can be used with) the 695 Aerolight has all the issues that I mentioned. Check it.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Johnnysmooth

by Johnnysmooth

Have had my Look 595 for seven years now - best carbon bike I've ever owned. When I'm on it, I really don't even think about the bike - I just ride and ride with confidence at pretty much any speed and she just loves to dive into corners.

But I am sadden wight he direction Look has taken with their top of the line bikes. I am just not a fan of proprietary parts that can be quite a hassle to get should something go wrong. This is one of the reasons I sold my Campy Eurus yrs ago - just didm't want to deal with Campy's proprietary spokes.

Not a big fan of Specialized either but of the two, that is the one I would pick.

But damn that Look 695 is one sweet looking bike...
It only hurts if you think.

greentimgreen

by greentimgreen

Agreed the 695 is a nice looking bike. I also like the black Venge posted recently on this site (can't remember who by, sorry).

The other thing I would say on the 695 Aerolight is that it really isn't very 'aero' at all, unlike the Venge. The downtube is boxy, like a smaller C60 without the lugs. The new 795 is aero though, but it looks like a dog.
2014 Parlee Z-Zero DADi2 & ENVE (6.2kg)
2015 Colnago C60 RSWH Campag Chorus & Mavic SLR (c.7kg)