Funny video of someone "building" an SRM PC7.....

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Donkey

by Donkey

Why is she building the unit at home? I would expect the work to be carried out in a factory.
Even a simple assembly process is beyond the scope of most cyclists.
I see, this is just to keep cyclists busy in their spare time.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Zigmeister

by Zigmeister

Wow...was quite surprised at the, shall we say, typical Chinese factory environment that was present in that video. And they aren't located in China.

I LOL at my brother when I asked him what happened to his SRM, he said, Oh, had to ship it off to SRM to get the battery changed. Guess what, his PM is no more accurate than mine, although they claim it is the best ever. And is some respects, SRM is technically. But in reality, for racing/training purposes, the pro teams that don't run SRM seem to get by with the PMs from various companies and can evaluate and interpret those numbers just fine. My Quarq battery change took all of 30 seconds. No shipping required.

I guess in every product made, there is always the perceived Rolls Royce, and for the most part, they are. Just kind of comical that workshop setup. Seemed like a sweet girl though.

goodboyr

by goodboyr

This is exactly the irony of the video. Supposedly the "gold standard" of PM's. But technically no different in results to others, which are less expensive and more convenient. Demonstrates again how marketing can trump reality. As well, I am sure SRM thought that putting out that video would demonstrate the care and personal touch they use. Unfortunately, that's not what is actually shown. More like, here's someone we gave an SRM shirt to, some tools from Home Depot................

itsacarr

by itsacarr

I can't comment to the video itself as I'm aware of different practices and standards (at least visually) but I will say my pc7 will last long after cock roaches die and has never had an issue. Had and seen Garmins that honestly feel disposable having to send 500's back. Obviously there is always someone that gets stuck with the lemon but I suppose someone had to chime in with something positive right?
Just ride ..