Felt F1

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

roygbiv177

by roygbiv177

Got it. Will get my head screwed on right and give the Wheels reducers a try. Thanks!!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Ahillock

by Ahillock

Any WW's riding the 2015 Felt F1 frame? Looks like a great deal on paper. Just can't find many reviews. My local Felt dealer doesn't have any F2 or F3 bikes in stock (same frame as the F1 if I'm not mistaken). Might not get any F2/F3 bikes in until he gets the 2016 inventory. Might make it hard to get a test ride in. Thumbs up for this frame?

cbookman

by cbookman

I rode this season on an 54cm F3 with force 22 and can honestly say it's stiffer than my CAAD10. It's certainly not as supple of a ride, and at 95kg it will take its toll on me on longer rides, but it's still the bike I go for when given the option. I crashed last week and the frame is toast now, but I already miss it. I have a replacement F coming, just not sure what they sent yet.

ianSWBB
Shop Wrench

by ianSWBB

Felt F1 - a great frameset! - have been riding a 54cm and find it handles better than the AR for me :) - although the AR feels faster for the A & B roads (tend to be less twisty), the F1 is a better all rounder and can easily be hammered round the Cotswolds lanes - it corners like it is on rails and 'cos it is feels light on the front end, you can pretty much point it wherever you like and it'll go straight there

the stock headset and bb bearings aren't good quality, but you can upgrade those easily for decent ones
Enjoy!!!

Ronr2004

by Ronr2004

Hey. I know this is an old conversation but I have a question about the Felt F1 vs FC frameset. FCs are much less in terms of cost and much easier to find on EBay and Craigslist. So I'm considering the that frameset. Currently I'm riding and enjoying my 2012 BMC Teammachine but want something much more aggressive. Please give me some needed advice.

53x12

by 53x12

The F1 is a great frame if the geometry suits you.

If I recall what SuperDave (Dave Koesel) said on here while he worked for Felt, the FC is the same mold as the F1. The FC was cheaper because it used an alloy BB insert instead of the carbon BB of the F1 and F FRD. The FC is also heavier than the more expensive frames since it used a cheaper carbon fiber. New, that F1 frameset is a fantastic deal for that category of road bikes. A used FC is also a great deal assuming you find one for a good price.
"Marginal gains are the only gains when all that's left to gain is in the margins."

Bridgeman

by Bridgeman

I have a 2014 F1 and I really like it. I did find that the carbon bottom bracket has an anomaly in that there is an internal section that is out of spec, as it is offset, and does not permit one of the press fit cups to fully press into the frame. My shop had to remove 1.5 mm from the cup sleeve that goes into the frame so the shoulder could fully seat against its mating face on the frame. In order to assure the smaller sleeved cup didn't loosen, a strong formulation of Locktite was used.

This internal section is a smaller diameter than the cup sleeve and thereby limits the kinds off press fit assemblies offered by various manufacturers.

Looking at the 2016 model, it looks like the same configuration as my 2014.

In contrast, the alloy bb insert uses a groove and clip configuration, as is a straight through type of insert. This would allow for Praxis type bottom bracket assembly for example.