Short reach compact bars.

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

euan

by euan

If they are anything like my Bontrager bars their 36cm measure more like others 38cm

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

shimmeD

by shimmeD

You had me reaching out for the tape measure! True 36 ctrs. Got used to it in the first ride. Lighter and lower frontal area, just like that.
Less is more.

highdraw

by highdraw

OP,
You can try to bandaid your fit by changing compact bars but they don't vary much between manufactures. They vary more in shape but not reach. You are already on a short stem and you want a shorter reach. Each of us need to be on the right frame satisfying stack and reach for best comfort and performance.

dwb

by dwb

What shifters are you using? The hoods on the new Shimano shifters are really long. PRO bars have shorter reach and compliment them better.

wheelsONfire

by wheelsONfire

Why does it say Ergonova has 90mm reach?
Bikes:

Ax Lightness Vial EVO Race (2019.01.03)
Open *UP* (2016.04.14)
Paduano Racing Fidia (kind of shelved)

Ex bike; Vial EVO D, Vial EVO Ultra, Scott Foil, Paduano ti bike.

indywagon

by indywagon

OP,
You didn't specify what other factors you look for in a bar besides the reach; material, bend shape, drop measurement, winged-top or round. But just based on reach less than 80mm like most of the FSA models, you might look at the 3T Ergonova (77mm), the Specialized short and shallow models (75mm) and the Ritchey WCS Curve carbon or alloy models (73mm). I've got a spare Ergonova in the garage if you'd like to try one cheap.

I've literally spent over $2000 trying different carbon bars in the last two years, so I know how frustrating (and fun...and expensive) this search can be.