Pixs of relocated 6870 Di2 A junct to top of TMR01 seatpost

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

amb001

by amb001

The Dfly units broadcasts di2 data (including battery level) to my garmin unit so no problem there.

For charging and firmware updates I've modified one of my chargers so it has an etube cable spliced on in place of the standard connector and connects via the rear derailleur

So far I've not had the need for any on the go derailleur adjustments as I don't often swap out my wheels and spend a fair while setting them up before using. Again this can be done via the etube software when hooked up to PC via the charger on the rear derailleur.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

vision646

by vision646

Gearhead65 wrote:
nigel379 wrote:Quick question, did you just drill through the foam to get the wire to the top of the post? I was looking at my friend's di2 tmr and bmc uses a foam to keep the battery in the seatpost. Thanks

Yes, I drilled through the thick carbon area at the front-top of the post, then used a long bit to drill through the foam, actually up from the bottom. It took some 'reaming' with a threaded rod to clean things up a bit to allow the wire to pass. So there is the large hole in the center of the foam for the battery, then just in front of that is my small hole where I ran the wire up through.

I just got this frame and I have a 6870 group coming in the mail and I was wondering if anybody has tried running the wire down one of the bolt holes for the clamp? I think you'd need to have the clamp in the 30mm or 0mm offset position but at least you wouldn't have to drill into the carbon fiber at the top of the seat post. I'm just not sure if the wires are thin enough for this.

vision646

by vision646

I guess nobody has looked into this.

rasmussloth

by rasmussloth

I am planning on building a 1x11 6870 di2 cx setup.

I want it to be as tidy as possible.

Can this work?

One wire from left lever to right lever.

One wire from right lever to junction box A.

One wire from junction box A to junction box B.

One wire from junction box B to battery.

One wire from junction box B to rear derailleur.

AndreLM

by AndreLM

Yes. I will work.

I am actually moving my J-A as well. I am still waiting some parts to move to the final location, so my temporary configuration is almost exactly what you want to do (I have a FD though). No issues at all.

This is my configuration:

- One wire from left lever to right lever.
- One wire from right lever to junction box A.
- One wire from junction box A to junction box B.
- One wire from junction box B to wireless unit and then battery.
- One wire from junction box B to front derailleur.
- One wire from junction box B to rear derailleur.

rasmussloth

by rasmussloth

Just found out that rs785 only has one port.