Campy Record 11 FrontBrake centering

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

bikewithnoname

by bikewithnoname

Why don't you just use the micro adjust screws? Valbrona speaks the truth
"We live in an age when unnecessary things are our only necessities." Oscar Wilde

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Robshell01

by Robshell01

I have just had this very problem on the rear brake. It all comes down to the main fixing torx bolt to the frame being centred and tight. I had lost left right adjustments for centering and the cable defaulted left side causing pads to rub. Eventually after stripping and re-assembly found you have to setup correctly from scratch. First loosen both 2mm Allen key side adjustment screws, then center to frame and tighten main fixing bolt so Caliper arms move but main fixing point does not rotate from centre, only the two Caliper arms themselves should move. Fit wheels, blocks and then cable as best you can to 1mm block to rim gap. Then adjust right side 2mm Allen key screw to centre, if both pads rotate left and right together centering is now correct. Other 2mm screw in left arm is for spring tension for levers for how much lever force. I find all the way out is best as campy normally set for correct lever tension for most people.

wilwil

by wilwil

Just apply the brake with the brake lever and tighten the bolt that holds it onto the fork then fine tune with the fine tuning screw. With the back non dual caliper push it to the left whilst tightening the bolt that holds it to the frame. It will then move back to centre,

AJS914

by AJS914

main fixing torx
I hate those Campy torx bolts. I usually replace them with some titanium hex bolts.
Last edited by AJS914 on Sun Apr 28, 2019 8:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bm0p700f
in the industry

by bm0p700f

Tighten the bolt while holding the brake. If the brake needs centering just move it by hand. Why make this more complicated than it really is. If the spring tension needs adjusting do that. If the brake keeps on being pulled off centre that may be cable casing length so address that. It's a bike not a space craft they are simple.