New 2015 Campagnolo Front Derailleur

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

mriddle

by mriddle

deek wrote:I just got a Chorus 11 FD with the long arm. The cable is contacting the FD in the small ring position. I need the cable deviator insert, but it wasn't included in the box. Should it have been included or is this something I can buy?

Not included...unfortunately I had to purchase one as well.
Good news is it works great, got mine on eBay from extreme cycles in Kansas. $10 approx.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

deek

by deek

Thanks, do you have a link? I can't seem to find anything. I just found mentions of FDCE011, but that seems to be for older ultra shift FDs.

dj97223

by dj97223

The campag installation video shows that as the correct part number.
“If you save your breath I feel a man like you can manage it. And if you don't manage it, you'll die. Only slowly, very slowly, old friend.”

dj97223

by dj97223

I have a question regarding the 2015 front der (Chorus S2, fwiw). The installation video indicates that one can move the cage from the big ring to the small ring with one motion of the thumb lever (2 clicks). When I shift from the big ring to the small, the chain does indeed move to the small ring with one motion/push (2 clicks). However, another push of the thumb lever is required to get the front der. all the way to its lower limit (without the second push, I will get cage rub when in the larger sprockets).

Is this normal? I've triple-checked the der alignment, limit screws, tension, etc. I have brand new (2015) chorus shifters, etc.

I don't recall that I had to make a second push of the thumb lever with my Record 10 set-up.
“If you save your breath I feel a man like you can manage it. And if you don't manage it, you'll die. Only slowly, very slowly, old friend.”

jbf

by jbf

mriddle wrote:
Not included...unfortunately I had to purchase one as well.
Good news is it works great, got mine on eBay from extreme cycles in Kansas. $10 approx.

I just found out I have the same problem. I'm in need of the offset Campy washer so the cable does not rub the FD. This is with full 2015 Chorus set up on a standard steel frame with external, under BB cable routing. I'm really disappointed this part was not included with the front derailleur to begin with. I just ordered it off eBay as you did.

I was hoping to get the new bike out for a short ride tonight but it looks like this will keep me off the road a few more days.

phunky

by phunky

Mine FD cable was touching as well. I just ordered the new part, but completed the build. The FD seems to be shifting perfectly and I still haven't gotten around to installing the "deviator".

I'll do so one of these (rainy) days, but until then I'll keep riding as is.....

Guiguyguillaume

by Guiguyguillaume

Hi, great discussion!
Have a question: will the 2015 crankset work fine with 2014 front mech? I would think yes, but... Better be sure.

Thx by advance!