No external battery mount on 2014 Propel?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

sycfisher

by sycfisher

Hi everyone, I just got into my hand a new 2014 Giant Propel Adv SL frame set, but when I begin to build it, I found that there is no battery mount holes for Di2 external battery. Is this normal? coz from elsewhere, I see most external batteries are mounted on the Non-drive side stay, but in my case, there are no holes on it, strange. Can anyone confirm is this a warranty issue or Giant just changed the design somehow?

apeescape56

by apeescape56

Look closely at the bottom of the frame, especially if its black. Giant installs perfectly size plugs for the small mounts and they are almost indistinguishable from the rest of the frame. I can't recall if the mount was on the Non-drive seat stay like my TCR or if it was on the downtube. Any pics?

PS- Had to throw this in since this is WW but switching to an internal battery will lighten things up ;)

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Zigmeister

by Zigmeister

Guess that kind of defeats the whole "aero" thing putting a battery on the outside creating drag.

NoInterVention

by NoInterVention

Any idea if the 2015 Propels still have the external Di2 battery?

MNX1024

by MNX1024

I actually spoke with a Giant rep a while back. They did mention that they are working on a universal mount house the internal battery. Not sure if they finished that yet, going to ask them again to see what's up.

andrewwong2000

by andrewwong2000

I just got my 2015 Propel SL 0.. the battery is mounted in the seat post..

Makes it really clean, but cutting the ISP now becomes a bit more interesting !

Charge the battery via the handlebar junction box.

I was a bit disappointed the bike doesn't come with an AC charger.. you have to provide your own USB charger !

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

dreden513

by dreden513

How does the Giant Propel's internal mount attached? Why would it make cutting the ISP more interesting?