Specialized Tarmac frame weights (basic, not S-Works etc)

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

MaxSE

by MaxSE

Hi guys, I was on here many years back but have re-joined as my log in details are long gone sadly.

Anyway, I'm looking to get a Tarmac base model (for the frame/fork only so will sell on parts if bought as a complete bike) likely a cherished used model or 2013 or 14 model on sale from a dealer.

To be clear I'm looking at the base model cheapest in each year Tarmac (ie not Elite/Pro/"Expert SLR"/S-Works etc)

However, I'm struggling to get any actual frame weights for these years.

Does anyone own a 2011, 12, 13 or 14 base model and has an idea of frame weight?

They are all 8r carbon apart from the 2014 (9r and designated SL4) so not expecting much.

Thanks all. :)
Last edited by MaxSE on Fri Sep 05, 2014 2:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ToffieBoi

by ToffieBoi

I also wonder the same thing.
My friend recently got a new SL4 frame as warranty change, and he said his new SL4 Elite is 200grams heavier than his old 2009 Elite model.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

mnmasotto

by mnmasotto

I have a 2013 size 52 Tarmac S-Works. The frame with derailor hanger weights 970 grams. I remember reading the lower models weight another 100 - 120 grams. My fork weights 380 grams.

MaxSE

by MaxSE

Just wanted to check as one of the very few Tarmac weights (remember this is base model not S-Works) I've found on a forum was quoting the following for a 2011 frameset:

Tarmac Comp SL2 Weight 1875 grams

When I built my tarmac comp up I forgot to weigh the frame. Ive just stripped it down ready for a full Dura Ace 7900 build so finally weighed the frameset and it came in at 1875 grams.

Thats frameset (frame, forks, headset, bottle cage bolts and seatpost clamp)

I think this was probably a 2011 8r but seeing as they still used the same 8r carbon until 2014 (when it went to the SL4 9r) I was thinking that's not exactly what you expect from a high quality modern carbon frame - (allowing for fork/h-set/clamp etc) maybe 1300g for the frame? :cry:

Butcher
Shop Owner

by Butcher

It's a high quality mold. The carbon used, is not a strong. Good thing they did not use fiber glass.