Specialized Tarmac frame weights (basic, not S-Works etc)

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

MaxSE

by MaxSE

Hi guys, I was on here many years back but have re-joined as my log in details are long gone sadly.

Anyway, I'm looking to get a Tarmac base model (for the frame/fork only so will sell on parts if bought as a complete bike) likely a cherished used model or 2013 or 14 model on sale from a dealer.

To be clear I'm looking at the base model cheapest in each year Tarmac (ie not Elite/Pro/"Expert SLR"/S-Works etc)

However, I'm struggling to get any actual frame weights for these years.

Does anyone own a 2011, 12, 13 or 14 base model and has an idea of frame weight?

They are all 8r carbon apart from the 2014 (9r and designated SL4) so not expecting much.

Thanks all. :)
Last edited by MaxSE on Fri Sep 05, 2014 2:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

ToffieBoi

by ToffieBoi

I also wonder the same thing.
My friend recently got a new SL4 frame as warranty change, and he said his new SL4 Elite is 200grams heavier than his old 2009 Elite model.

mnmasotto

by mnmasotto

I have a 2013 size 52 Tarmac S-Works. The frame with derailor hanger weights 970 grams. I remember reading the lower models weight another 100 - 120 grams. My fork weights 380 grams.

MaxSE

by MaxSE

Just wanted to check as one of the very few Tarmac weights (remember this is base model not S-Works) I've found on a forum was quoting the following for a 2011 frameset:

Tarmac Comp SL2 Weight 1875 grams

When I built my tarmac comp up I forgot to weigh the frame. Ive just stripped it down ready for a full Dura Ace 7900 build so finally weighed the frameset and it came in at 1875 grams.

Thats frameset (frame, forks, headset, bottle cage bolts and seatpost clamp)

I think this was probably a 2011 8r but seeing as they still used the same 8r carbon until 2014 (when it went to the SL4 9r) I was thinking that's not exactly what you expect from a high quality modern carbon frame - (allowing for fork/h-set/clamp etc) maybe 1300g for the frame? :cry:

Butcher
Shop Owner

by Butcher

It's a high quality mold. The carbon used, is not a strong. Good thing they did not use fiber glass.