Campag Rear Derailleurs 2015

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

cwoolee

by cwoolee

what is enhanced function?

mm1

by mm1

Sorry if this has been answered elsewhere already, but I really fancy a new 2015 RD. Will a 2015 Chorus RD work with 2010 11 speed Chorus Ergos?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

richard@lbrc.org

by richard@lbrc.org

Definitely works with 10-speed ergopower levers, which I think probably means it will not work with pre-2015 11-speed levers.

dereksmalls

by dereksmalls

I've swapped out the inner cage and pulley wheels for Fiber-lyte cage and pulleys on my 2015 SR RD, dropped 15gms off the total weight down to 150gm now. Can't over tighten though otherwise they don't spin.

apex

by apex

I was thinking of upgrading my winter/training bike to 2015 Campag Chorus and I currently run 2010 Campag SR11 on my race bike. I would like to be able to share wheels between bikes. Are there any concerns with cassette compatibility.

Apex

tommasini

by tommasini

cwoolee wrote:what is enhanced function?

They call it "embrace" The upper pivot houses a gear inside that acts on the upper spring. I have a 2015 SR here right now but you really can't see any of that - it's all internal to a slightly bigger upper pivot. I believe the action occurs due to the derailleur pivoting in closer to the spokes.

stormur

by stormur

What about 11psd TT shifters and 2015 FD & RD compatibility ? Anyone tested ?
Go to Heaven for the climate, Hell for the company.
Mark Twain

I can be wrong, and have plenty of examples for that ;)

WMW
in the industry

by WMW

richard@lbrc.org wrote:Despite Campagnolo's statements (widely reported in the press), there is actually some sort of backward compatibility with the new 2015 RD.Here's my setup, which tested just fine on this morning's ride:

Old (pre-2011) 10-speed Chorus crankset, cassette, chain and ergopower shifters -- which work perfectly with new 2015 Chorus 11-speed RD.

Go figure. Upshifts (to larger cogs) were slightly stiffer, but perfectly OK. Prefect alignment, no chain rubbing, everything just worked. I was prepared to keep on buying more 2015 11-speed kit until all gremlins were eliminated - but this config just works.

Been compiling some info on shifter and derailleur specs and this caught my eye. AFAIK all Campag RDs have had the same ratio of 1.48 since 2001, until 2015 when it was made smaller, but no idea how much. Your post doesn't jibe with that at all though. You should have been able to use any post 2000 derailleur *except* for 2015 Chorus, Record, or SR.
formerly rruff...