Fabric ALM saddles - 120g

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

AdyM

by AdyM

Cover is stated by Fabric to be 25g, so yeah under 100g easily possible

tmchen

by tmchen

Where can I order them from? These look good!

Beancouter

by Beancouter

Will be going through normal distribution channels (they are part of the Cannondale group). They are also opening a store on fabric.cc so keep an eye on the web.

wingguy

by wingguy

Yeah, at the very least anywhere that stocks Cannondale, GT, or already sells Charge saddles should be able to order them.

silver

by silver

@tmchen: do a Google search (Fabric ALM Ultimate) and you will find some British stockists. But I am not sure they all have them really in stock already.

Beancouter

by Beancouter

They won't have them yet as they aren't in stock at the distributor......

tmchen

by tmchen

Thanks for the help.

This would make a nice additional to my bike.

silver

by silver

Got a reply from the reseller that instead of last week the ALM won't probably be availble before November

Beancouter

by Beancouter

Has anyone ridden one of these yet? I am undecided on the buffalo versus the standard and doesn't seem to be any reviews posted up yet.

wingguy

by wingguy

I put a buffalo one on a turbo trainer today - the cover looks like it will be very hard wearing and the texture provides a bit of grip, but be aware that it has zero padding. It's just thin leather on carbon, while the non-buffalo version has 3 or 4mm of foam. Couldn't feel much flex through it from the leaf spring design but that might be totally different out on the road. Shape was very nice, and appearance is super clean but that's personal.

I think as long as the shell tunes out the road buzz well then the buffalo one would be fine with good shorts. Personally I'd probably go for the padded version but like always with saddles, YMMV.

Beancouter

by Beancouter

Thanks wingguy - was erring that way; hope it's more comfortable than my fizik R1...

wingguy

by wingguy

One other thing, the build quality is amazing. You're probably not going to be looking at the underneath of it much once it's on the bike but for what it's worth the finish on the rails and shell is on another level from any other saddle I've seen.

Even if it was totally crap to ride on it would be an excellent example of industrial design :thumbup:

silver

by silver

Wingguy, from where did you buy it if not a secret?

wingguy

by wingguy

I haven't bought one, and we don't have any in for sale yet - the one I was looking at was on a 2015 Supersix Evo Black.

Date for the aftermarket saddles is looking like late november/early december.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com